PDA

View Full Version : Parlee Z5

thunderworks
09-10-2020, 09:38 AM
One of my riding buddies has a Parlee Z5 that he wants to sell. He asked me what I thought it was worth and I have no idea. Anybody want to chime in and offer some guidance?

Dura-Ace 10speed mechanical . . . DA wheels. Nice condition.

I assume that during the pandemic, good bikes probably are holding value a little better than pre-pandemic, but that's just a guess on my part.

TIA
R.

vav
09-10-2020, 09:44 AM
https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=236868&highlight=parlee

Sold mine a bit over a year ago. A forum member facilitated with a local to me friend. Can't find pics but it was the white/burnt orange paint job. Nice wheels/group/parts too.

Edit: found an old pic:

texbike
09-10-2020, 09:50 AM
One of my riding buddies has a Parlee Z5 that he wants to sell. He asked me what I thought it was worth and I have no idea. Anybody want to chime in and offer some guidance?

Dura-Ace 10speed mechanical . . . DA wheels. Nice condition.

I assume that during the pandemic, good bikes probably are holding value a little better than pre-pandemic, but that's just a guess on my part.

TIA
R.

I think a lot is going to depend on size, condition, color, and what the exact DA groupset and wheels are. I sold my Z5 (M/L) frameset back in the June timeframe for $600.

A few more details would probably help establish a rough value for you.

Cheers,

Texbike

ridethecliche
09-10-2020, 10:01 AM
I think the jump in value is for bikes in the 500-1500 range, ie bikes that the average person would be interested in.

That's a way more niche bike so I don't see the value going up more than it would for a used bike of that caliber.

I'd honestly consider parting it out. Especially if the 7800 prices are still what I recall when I looked recently.

54ny77
09-10-2020, 11:27 PM
parlee z5 is a wonderful bike. i have one, and get compliments on it all the time.

like any modern carbon supah dupah bike, it begs to be ridden hard.

that said, since i do my best to not ride hard, it's still a terrific bike for a spirited or even somewhat leisurely long weekend ride.

i think it's important to find a buyer that actually knows what the bike is and is willing to pay for the name and the terrific value it offers. the parts list would be a tough one--some folks out there (myself included) will pay up for pristine 10 speed stuff. others will say "what's 10 speed?" and only want the frame & fork.

Hilltopperny
09-11-2020, 07:07 AM
[QUOTE=ridethecliche;2791883]I think the jump in value is for bikes in the 500-1500 range, ie bikes that the average person would be interested in.

That's a way more niche bike so I don't see the value going up more than it would for a used bike of that caliber.

This! Bikes from well known international makers saw a jump in prices in the above range. Parlee makes a great bike and the Z5 is one of them, but it does not have the name recognition with the general population to make it worth any more during the current boom IMHO.

Depending on condition and size it is likely a $1,500 bike give or take a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk