PDA

View Full Version : While we're talking about customer service

glepore
09-09-2020, 07:45 AM
https://youtu.be/qxZCoiAs7gI

A no holds barred commentary on Garmin's takeover of Tacx and its impact.
I know of at least one guy that has a dead Neo smart that Garmin won't support with parts or exchange.

buddybikes
09-09-2020, 07:54 AM
Garmin, least my experience has been excellent, even beyond. Was this a used product he bought, damaged or otherwise an issue?

Velocipede
09-09-2020, 08:07 AM
Not sure why he needs to remove the drive ring when that outboard bearing(notchy one) isn't held in by the drive ring.

dem
09-09-2020, 09:17 AM
As an early Bushido owner and victim of TTS2.x and 3.x, the only company with worse customer service than Garmin is Tacx.

Match made in heaven if you ask me!

m_sasso
09-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Can't those bearing be pulled with an inexpensive and simple slide hammer blind hole bearing puller from HF?

glepore
09-09-2020, 05:31 PM
Can't those bearing be pulled with an inexpensive and simple slide hammer blind hole bearing puller from HF?

Maybe, if you only want to put force on the inner race. The bearing isn't the whole story, it Garmin's general attitude toward product.

m_sasso
09-09-2020, 06:35 PM
Maybe, if you only want to put force on the inner race. The bearing isn't the whole story, it Garmin's general attitude toward product.

Got that, seems to be the norm these days with buy outs and take overs, hope he gets the social media attention he is looking for to leverage some service from Garmin. His presentation and video was well done.

The bearings are pretty worthless at this point, as long as you are not damaging the housing, pull them and replace with a proper sized driver and a press re assemble and back to training.

unterhausen
09-09-2020, 08:25 PM
I never worried too much about pulling a damaged bearing. Not sure how those are pressed in, might need a special tool to put a new one back in. But I have a lathe

makoti
12-19-2020, 07:43 PM
https://youtu.be/qxZCoiAs7gI

A no holds barred commentary on Garmin's takeover of Tacx and its impact.
I know of at least one guy that has a dead Neo smart that Garmin won't support with parts or exchange.

I might need a new Smart trainer & was torn between Neo 2T and another Kickr. Watching this, all I could think about was why I ended up with a Wahoo Bolt - terrible Garmin service.
So maybe I'll look at the H3, now