PDA

View Full Version : I sold a F/F/HS

skiezo
09-08-2020, 02:57 PM
I sold it for $1000 a few months ago. I just saw that the guy I sold it to is relisting it for $2500.
All I can say is good luck. It is a 1K frameset all day long. I am not sure why he thinks it is worth 2.5X what he paid for it.
I have another one just like the one I sold built with 2014 record and I doubt I could sell it for $2500.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sarto-Classica-Carbon-Road-Bike-FRAME-SET-Medium-Hand-built-Italy-Rare/274425266648?hash=item3fe50541d8:g:ElIAAOSwpDBfCi-v

tuscanyswe
09-08-2020, 03:00 PM
I sold it for $1000 a few months ago. I just saw that the guy I sold it to is relisting it for $2500.
All I can say is good luck. It is a 1K frameset all day long. I am not sure why he thinks it is worth 2.5X what he paid for it.
I have another one just like the one I sold built with 2014 record and I doubt I could sell it for $2500.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sarto-Classica-Carbon-Road-Bike-FRAME-SET-Medium-Hand-built-Italy-Rare/274425266648?hash=item3fe50541d8:g:ElIAAOSwpDBfCi-v

I doubt anyone will pay 2500 for that either but lots of sellers are hoping for the moon on ebay.

So is the "selling due to medical condition" bs then?

Clean39T
09-08-2020, 03:07 PM

[$2500 x 0.60 to 0.70 (likely haircut for best offer)] x [0.87 (ebay and PP cut)] = $1300-1500ish..

But once you sell something, unless you had a special deal with the buyer, it is no longer yours and you just have to move on.

There have been many times on here where I've seen stuff resurface that I've sold at bro-deals - but it was my choice to sell it at that price and it is what it is. Markets are fickle. Opportunity costs abound. Best to just wash the hands and let things be what they are.

fignon's barber
09-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Maybe you get more if you don't list the geometry. Pesky details like that just limit the size of the market.

I remember you selling that frame. If it was a cm longer, I would have bought it.

skiezo
09-08-2020, 03:12 PM
[$2500 x 0.60 to 0.70 (likely haircut for best offer)] x [0.87 (ebay and PP cut)] = $1300-1500ish..

But once you sell something, unless you had a special deal with the buyer, it is no longer yours and you just have to move on.

There have been many times on here where I've seen stuff resurface that I've sold at bro-deals - but it was my choice to sell it at that price and it is what it is. Markets are fickle. Opportunity costs abound. Best to just wash the hands and let things be what they are.

I am not upset at all as I sold it for what I paid for it. I was glad to get my money out of it. I was just browsing and saw it and looked at my PP and found the address is the same.
I say good luck with that sale. It will be on ebay for a while at that price.

Clean39T
09-08-2020, 03:16 PM
I am not upset at all as I sold it for what I paid for it. I was glad to get my money out of it. I was just browsing and saw it and looked at my PP and found the address is the same.
I say good luck with that sale. It will be on ebay for a while at that price.

Full agreement :beer:

rallizes
09-08-2020, 03:27 PM
perhaps the new owner's circumstances have changed during the last few months. they certainly have for many people

who really knows

Greenpea
09-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Dude is fishing for a "best offer".

Frame flipping? Hard way to pay the rent.

jtakeda
09-08-2020, 03:50 PM
Isnt it a little early for grapefruit season?

I could see someone who just sees an italian carbon frame during TDF season get excited a overpay

joosttx
09-08-2020, 03:56 PM
Best way to handle this IMO is tell yourself it’s not your frame anymore and walk away.

C40_guy
09-08-2020, 04:04 PM
I love nude carbon frames.

My C50 is nude carbon.

Unfortunately for me, it's not worth $2500 either...

Frankwurst
09-08-2020, 04:19 PM
I say sold is sold. I got what I wanted. It's yours to do with it as you will. :beer:

fa63
09-08-2020, 07:25 PM
I sold a bike to a local buyer about two years ago. I recently saw it listed on Craiglist, and initially he was asking 2.5x what I sold him for it. Last I checked, his asking price has dropped to slightly over what he paid me :) But still, it wouldn't be a bad deal if he could get his money back after riding it for two years (assuming he rode it at all).

Edit: just looked at Craigslist; it is still on there and now he is asking exactly what he paid for it.

Nomadmax
09-09-2020, 04:45 AM
The world is FULL of stupid people. The new owner/seller only needs one of them.

AJM100
09-09-2020, 05:50 AM
Would it be wrong of me to offer him $750? :banana:

He's also selling Wonder Woman action figure.

Michael Maddox
09-09-2020, 11:36 AM
Happens to me all the time. Even on here. Whatever.

I just say, "Good luck with that."

Pegoready
09-09-2020, 11:54 AM
The guy I sold a Pegoretti cross frame to is still trying to double his money on eBay, a year later. Really playing up Dario's death in his listing but none of the other technical details of the build.

It doesn't bother me that he's doing it. But I was waaaay more detailed in my listing, calling out every nick and scratch and especially a micro dent in the top tube. It's probably my extreme level of detail that made the sale price so low. He hasn't called out any of these flaws in his bid to double his money. Good luck!

As Clean said, it's a matter of timing and opportunity cost. If you can sell a frame fast and low and move on with your life, that's absolutely worth something to you vs. hanging onto it and trying to squeeze every cent out of it. I've been on both ends. Hanging onto frames sucks. They take up space and can get knocked around or stolen or whatever.

fignon's barber
09-09-2020, 12:56 PM
Would it be wrong of me to offer him $750? :banana:

He's also selling Wonder Woman action figure.

$750? You must really be into Wonder Woman!

d_douglas
09-09-2020, 03:26 PM
I sold a Cinelli SC frameset here 5yrs ago for a price that I considered fair, and then someone posted up that the buyer was flipping locally in Cali somewhere, inciting rage that he would be flipping something bought here on the PL.

Once the bike is out of my hands, it is up to the owner to do what s/he likes with it - profit or not. I didnt really care and it seemed that my point of view differed from some other PLers. Oh well.

Ultimately, this is a forum that welcomes anyone who plays by a set of rules, none of which mention NOT flipping parts for profit. I try to give deals to people and some days my deals are more generous than others.

Frankwurst
09-09-2020, 05:28 PM
$750? You must really be into wonder woman!

Funny

AJM100
09-09-2020, 06:18 PM
$750? You must really be into Wonder Woman!

I had a Linda Carter poster . . . :hello:

Clancy
09-09-2020, 07:23 PM
It looks like a Renaissance still life.

I don’t think the OP is protesting so much as pointing out the absurdity.

What’s absurd is given this crazy upside down pandemic buying frenzy he just might very well get his price, meaning some fool and his money were soon parted.

skiezo
09-09-2020, 08:52 PM
It looks like a Renaissance still life.

I don’t think the OP is protesting so much as pointing out the absurdity.

What’s absurd is given this crazy upside down pandemic buying frenzy he just might very well get his price, meaning some fool and his money were soon parted.

Exactly. I got most of my money back on the sale but it just cracks me up that he thinks it is worth over 2K.