PDA

View Full Version : Looking to see if anyone has this?!?

petitelilpettit
02-05-2007, 05:49 PM
I am looking for the book "Designing and Building Your Own Frameset" by Richard P. Talbot. I am wanting to build my own frameset, and after doing some research, this book contains schematics for building a framebuilding jig from plywood. This will be better than buying the framebuilding jigs from Henry James for a few thousand dollars. Just wanting to see if anyone has this, that way I can either buy or borrow it from someone here instead of paying $100 on Amazon. Or, if you know, where is someplace where I can get this book and the Paeterek Manual for minimal amount of money? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Pettit

wasfast
02-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Perhaps asking on the framebuilders forum would be useful. LOTS of knowledgeable folks there and I imagine several that bought the book already.

ada@prorider.or
02-05-2007, 09:22 PM
i have it

Serotta_Andrew
02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Have a copy on the book shelf

Steve Hampsten
02-05-2007, 09:28 PM
I have it - you can borrow it if you like. I never use it but it's a keeper.

yeastor
02-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I just read that book - checked it out of my public library (Portland, Oregon). You might check libraries in your area.

BdaGhisallo
02-06-2007, 06:08 AM
If you still need it, send me your address and I send you my copy. I don't need it. I bought it years ago out of curiousity and never really looked at it much. I certainly won't be building any frames any time soon.

Geoff in Bermuda.

stevep
02-06-2007, 06:30 AM
cees,
what team will page end up with?
take a shot.
i say rabo.
s

Bill Bove
02-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I actually used mine for more than a coaster on the coffee table. My attempt at framebuilding showed me how good this guy up in NY state who was getting a name for himself really was. Been riding a Serotta ever since.