PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Bontrager CX frame or bike size small

BlueHampsten
09-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Hi

mhespenheide
09-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Typically, this is the kind of post that needs to go in the Marketplace > Classifieds forum. Which means that you need 10+ other posts and a month of time on the forum. (And if you've got a blue Hampsten, post it up over in the Image Gallery > Custom Bikes forum. We'd love to see it and chat about it.

Bontragers are sweet bikes; good luck in your search. Have you tried eBay, Pinkbike, and SearchTempest? Pinkbike has a healthy used market, and SearchTempest lets you search through Craigslist nationwide.

BlueHampsten
09-03-2020, 11:47 PM
Thank you for the information. I have tried E-bay and local Craigslist. I have not tried the other two options you have mentioned but will do so. Have a great weekend.

gasman
09-04-2020, 12:14 AM
BlueHampsten- I edited your post. A WTB goes in the classified section and sorry you cannot post there until you have 30 posts in 30 days. I’m sure your anxious to find a bike/frame/fork but there are other options out there. We welcome your posts. Here’s the relevant part of the read the rules banner at the top of the page.

Forum members will not be allowed to post a message (new or responding to an existing one) in the Classified section or use the Private Message (PM) function until they have at least 30 postings in the other sections of the Forum and have been a member for at least 30 days. We have enabled the forum software from vBulletin to enforce this rule, and you will see a message stating that you do not have permission to access this page if you try to post in the section before you are allowed to do so. NO EXCEPTIONS so please do not ask. If it is determined that a new member is trying to "speed post" their way to the 30 post threshold they risk having their post count reset to zero by the Mods.

zambenini
09-04-2020, 05:29 AM
On topic of bontragers, I understand Paul Sadoff apparently bought their tubes way back when and built a bunch of bikes he called "Nontragers," one of which would certainly be a cool find.

charliedid
09-04-2020, 08:48 AM
Good luck with that.

You might see Bigfoot before you find one though.

mhespenheide
09-04-2020, 08:50 PM
One other place to try would be the "CLASSIC MTB trading center" group on FaceBook. I've seen a couple Bontragers listed there in the last few years -- one large, one small.

BlueHampsten
09-04-2020, 10:35 PM
Thank you for the information on the mountain bike group.