PDA

View Full Version : Da colts!

Kevan
02-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Fun game to watch. Was it raining bacon grease for the 1st half?

Game was good fun until the 4th quarter.

So just how much money did Prince get paid for 5 minutes worth? Not to say those were crappy conditions to play in, what with all that electricity surrounding him.

William
02-05-2007, 06:41 AM
I was pulling for the Bears, but I have to hand it to the Colts. More consistant and drove it home. :beer:

With all the rain, I was wondering if Prince was going to light up like a christmas tree at any moment.

William

Ray
02-05-2007, 06:49 AM
With all the rain, I was wondering if Prince was going to light up like a christmas tree at any moment.
I was wondering about that too - rock stars used to have problems with electricity during rainy outdoor concerts. I'm guessing that all of the wireless mics and transmitters on their instruments these days pretty much isolates them from that risk. You're not really hooked up to anything more powerful than a couple of AA batteries when you're going wireless like Prince was. I was thinking that having your fretboard and fingers soaked would seriously screw up your guitar playing, but a lot of players sweat pretty heavily under normal circumstances, so I guess they can cope with that too.

Not a great game, but sort of entertaining and the better team definitely won. All of my wierd old mixed Colts loyalties were at play. I was a little kid in Baltimore in the '60s and we had season tickets to the Unitas/Berry years on about the 40 yard line. So I have loyalties that were blown apart when they picked up and moved. If they'd just change the uniforms and the name of the franchise, I'm sure I'd be over it. But something about those plain blue and white unis and the horseshoe on the helmet still stirs something pretty deep in my gut.

-Ray

-Ray

MarleyMon
02-06-2007, 10:42 AM
... But something about those plain blue and white unis and the horseshoe on the helmet still stirs something pretty deep in my gut.

-Ray

I agree, Ray, I agree!

The Indianapolis Colts are Super Bowl champs!

Ray
02-06-2007, 11:04 AM
I agree, Ray, I agree!

The Indianapolis Colts are Super Bowl champs!
Congratulations MarleyMon - I still have some pretty serious resentment toward Indy for 'stealing' my Colts. But you probably didn't have anything to do with that, and its almost a generation in the past now, so perhaps I'll have to grant amnesty to all Indy residents who were younger than, say, 20 when the great crime was perpetrated.:cool:

So, assuming you're younger than your mid-40s or so, I raise my glass to you! Ahhh, hell, I supposed I'll raise it regardless - I need to get over it. It's not like I've lived in Baltimore since '68 myself, so if I can leave, I guess the Colts can too, eh?

Enjoy basking in it for this off-season!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

-Ray

MarleyMon
02-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I've only lived in Indy for 5 years, so its not as sweet for me as those who lived through the 0-13 start and so many dark seasons.
Actually I lived in Chicago when they last won the Super Bowl, and have been accused of being a traitor by old friends, and even my brother, who left Chi before I did. Its not as if I had anything to do with either victory. I'm just a fan, and its only a game.
Thanks for the opportunity to keep bumping this thread, though!

Mike

Jeff N.
02-06-2007, 02:05 PM
Grossman should've been benched. He was terrible. Good for you, Manning. Jeff N.

michael white
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
boring game. the real game was a couple weeks back against NE.

even better, was Boise State vs. Oklahoma.

(atmo)

Ray
02-07-2007, 05:18 AM
I was wondering about that too - rock stars used to have problems with electricity during rainy outdoor concerts. I'm guessing that all of the wireless mics and transmitters on their instruments these days pretty much isolates them from that risk. You're not really hooked up to anything more powerful than a couple of AA batteries when you're going wireless like Prince was.
I was right about something. Damn.

http://www.slate.com/id/2159161?nav=tap3

-Ray

Kevin
02-07-2007, 06:30 AM
Go Giants. Well maybe next year. :crap:

Kevin