PDA

View Full Version : OT: When Beungood isn't cycling...what's he do???

William
02-05-2007, 06:14 AM
One Steel

One for Beungood

Oh, good head shot for Beungood....

Oh, Beungood getting ground pounded....

Kudos to Beungood for having the cajones to get out there and mix it up.

William :D

William
02-05-2007, 06:16 AM
take 2

William
02-05-2007, 06:39 AM
BTW,

Anyone know how to get a digital camera to shoot when you push the button? That dang delay makes it tough as heck to get a good shot. I would have been able to get a lot more action if it would shoot immediately. I don't have instructions for this camera, and it's not real clear from the icons that are supposed to describe the settings. Maybe a search for on-line instructions?

Kodak DC280 ZOOM
20 mega pixel Digital Camera

Suggestions appreciated.

William

Too Tall
02-05-2007, 06:45 AM
When is the franchise going to happen Big Man? The world need more guys like you teaching, there would be a whole lot less uptight folks. Dang, that looks like fun :)

stevep
02-05-2007, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=William]BTW,

Anyone know how to get a digital camera to shoot when you push the button? That dang delay makes it tough as heck to get a good shot. I would have been able to get a lot more action if it would shoot immediately. I don't have instructions for this camera, and it's not real clear from the icons that are supposed to describe the settings. Maybe a search for on-line instructions?

Kodak DC280 ZOOM
20 mega pixel Digital Camera

the lag is the camera. they vary ... better ones and newer ones have less lag. you cant change it on that camera. you gotta anticipate ( which is an imperfect answer for sure )
there is probably an icon on there that implies speed...a guy running or something..that will slant the thing toward high shutter speed.
thats all you can do.
i think these things are true but would not protest if someone who knows more says differently.

catulle
02-05-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey, I get beat up like that every day. My wife gets hold of the broom and goes crazy. And I don't get to wear a helmet.

Cajones = boxes, drawers
Cojones = what you meant

Just saying...

William
02-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Too Tall pal,

Franchise packages are ready. You get a bundle of heavy 1"+ rattan sticks, one gallon of bruising liniment, 20 pairs of Cajones with built in pouch for a cup (various sizes: cup not included), all marketing and advertising material, and a three DVD package, "Stress Relief Through Full-Contact Stick Fighting". Plus!!! If you act now, you'll also get a personally signed poster of me, and a recording of me shouting out encouraging phrases to play during your classes. Phrases like:

"Hey! Pain is a good corrector of bad habits!!!"

"Remember: Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast"

"Get up!! That didn't hurt!!!"

"Broken? Aww, tape it up!!"

"Ha! Nothing a few stitches won't cure."

And....

"Put some pressure on it. When it stops bleeding, get the mop and the bleach and clean this mess up!!!

Plus many many more.

All for a $10,000 licensing fee, and a contract to bring me in for quarterly seminars for the next ten years ($7,000 for each seminar).

William

All kidding aside. It's fun, an adrenaline rush, and an amazing stress reliever. The goal is to make it as real (minimal gear) as possible, but to also keep everyone safe. We all have jobs to go to the next day. Personally, I like to use just a fencing helmet, batting gloves, and a cup in my cajones for my cojones. ;)

We also do another version of this called Kali Fencing. We use training sabers and daggers, fencing helmets, and gloves. The training sabers are much heavier and not as "whippy" as a foil or epee blade. We don't stay on the linear lines like Olympic style fencing. Shots to all parts of the body are legal. It's a great aerobic workout, loads of fun, and a great stress reliever as well. You will get some nasty welts and stings some times, but not like the stick hickies from an impact weapon shot.

Any way, next time your up this way big guy, let's have some fun!!! :D

William

William
02-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks Stevep!

I'll probably need to use a a digital camera and film the hole thing. Then go back and pick out frames of the good shots. Sounds easier then trying to anticipate the action. Feints and fakes screw up the shots.

William

Archibald
02-05-2007, 08:38 AM
take 2
Those last two pics looks like you're trying out for the new Prince video to me....

:banana:

William
02-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Those last two pics looks like you're trying out for the new Prince video to me....

:banana:

Naw,

Prince no like damaged property. :no:

William ;)

PS: One week old Stick Hickey...

obtuse
02-05-2007, 10:18 AM
grown men hitting each other with sticks. does anyone else feel the need to cue the singing kittens right now?

obtuse

mjb266
02-05-2007, 10:39 AM
"Bow to your sensai...BOW TO YOUR SENSAI!"

and

Flashbacks of that horrible Borat moment

Too Tall
02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Count me in Titan Bro :) Be nice to me, I am a bit low on the natural padding department ;)

William
02-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Count me in Titan Bro :) Be nice to me, I am a bit low on the natural padding department ;)

We'll take care of you Titan brother. We don't hurt our own. :cool:

William :beer:

Ken Robb
02-05-2007, 03:56 PM
the rink is kinda small and I can't find the puck????

beungood
02-06-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm still working that bruise out... I'll never make fun of Dura-Ace to William again...

William
02-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm still working that bruise out... I'll never make fun of Dura-Ace to William again...

You can teach an old dog new tricks!! :D ;)

William

shinomaster
02-06-2007, 11:22 AM
*** are they doing?

William
02-06-2007, 11:24 AM
*** are they doing?

Having fun!!!

Full Contact Stick Fighting based off Filipino Martial Arts Shino brother.

I know some people in Portland if you're interested. ;)

William

Fred D
02-06-2007, 11:28 AM
To eliminate some of the delay, push the shutter release part way down so that the camera has a chance to pre focus and set exposure, so that when you push the shutter all the way, to take the picture, that part has already been done. Of course this assumes that the subject isn't going to move out of focus before you complete the shot. The shutter lag is one of the most annoying parts of some digital cameras.

old_school
02-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Kali - Escrima - Arinis ... brings back some memories.

I consider myself very fortunate to have had an opportunity to spend time with Remy Presas back in my martial arts days.

Great stuff ... thanks for the pix!

William
02-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Kali - Escrima - Arinis ... brings back some memories.

I consider myself very fortunate to have had an opportunity to spend time with Remy Presas back in my martial arts days.

Great stuff ... thanks for the pix!

Anytime Old School!! Always nice to meet a fellow FMA'er. :cool:

Remy was one of the early pioneers in getting FMA's known in America. One of my instructors helped get Remy's brother Ernesto out here to the US. in the early 80's and spent many years training with him. Ernesto lived at his home for about four years or so. He still works with Roberto Presas when he can. I was very saddened to hear of Remy's passing a few years ago.

I've had the pleasure of training with Cacoy Canete (Doce pares) a couple of times, and numerous times in recent years with GT Leo Gaje (Pekiti-Tirsia Kali).

FMA's are my first love with Muay Thai running a close second.

William

old_school
02-06-2007, 12:53 PM
FMA's are my first love with Muay Thai running a close second.

Just in case anyone is wondering:

Kali + Muay Thai + Cross = one effin tough s.o.b

I'm humbled.

Too Tall
02-06-2007, 01:12 PM
What you said Old School + William and you've got an army of one....NO WAIT campers there's more....Beungood has his back...OMG it's a DIVISION no A Battalion of two ;)

William
02-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Shucks guys, I'm just a nice quiet guy who puts my pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of you.

William

PS: Thanks for the advice Fred D. :cool:

beungood
12-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Every time I read this It makes me laugh. :p

grown men hitting each other with sticks. does anyone else feel the need to cue the singing kittens right now?

obtuse

William
12-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Every time I read this It makes me laugh. :p

I know, you're a "Kitten" of a guy. :p :D

William