PDA

View Full Version : New crazy Strava stuff

Bentley
09-02-2020, 12:31 PM
So I joined a challenge, I’m past trying to lead one, but here is something to consider... a guy has 713km in 2 days, I looked and he has 49+hr or riding in that time frame.... huh? Even if he is across the dateline...49 out of 72means less than 7hrs a day off the bike. Also, he has not ridden for the last 12 weeks and now has 713 km in a few days?

jkbrwn
09-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Yeah, totally suspect. It'll be flagged. All manual entries. Some of the rides have already been flagged.

prototoast
09-02-2020, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, sometimes people forget to turn off their GPS before a car ride. But there are also some real people out there doing some really off the charts riding. As a general rule of thumb for Strava, I try not to care about the performance of anybody whose name I don't know.

jkbrwn
09-02-2020, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't worry about it, sometimes people forget to turn off their GPS before a car ride. But there are also some real people out there doing some really off the charts riding. As a general rule of thumb for Strava, I try not to care about the performance of anybody whose name I don't know.

Yeah, totally agree, but, as above. This guy's rides are not legit.