PDA

View Full Version : You're not a cycling badass until...

EPOJoe
08-29-2020, 12:03 AM
...you shave your legs with a straight razor like I did in this video. :)

Remember kids, don't try this at home. I'm a professional idiot. :banana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8IfEqG_QA&feature=youtu.be

Louis
08-29-2020, 01:31 AM
In that case, I must really be a wimp.

I don't shave my legs, but years ago before I had surgery I had to clean up my left knee area and about 6" above and below that, so I used Nair. It was surprising (and a bit scary) how well it worked. And no risk of slicing my patella off...

Nomadmax
08-29-2020, 03:46 AM
I usually let the folks at the hospital do my shaving before emergency surgery, but that's just how I roll ;)

reuben
08-29-2020, 06:21 AM
I usually let the folks at the hospital do my shaving before emergency surgery, but that's just how I roll ;)

Decades ago I used to shave my legs. Then I broke both arms in a crash. Shoulda just gone for the full body epilation, I guess.

makoti
08-29-2020, 08:31 AM
No water? Only to sock/short level? So many issues. Still, props for doing it at all & I'll assume you use a SR normally, so my question is how often do you have to sharpen that thing? Does simply stropping it keep it sharp enough?

Peter P.
08-29-2020, 09:53 AM
You may not be a badass, but you're certainly a ...

Not shaving below the socks or above the shorts?! What do you think you're gonna look like when you go out in street clothes?!

Did you even think of consulting your wife/mom/daughter/S.O./ANY woman on the street, or at least a ladies' magazine for some expertise before doing this?!

And you did it on carpet?!

That's it, three strikes; you're out!

EPOJoe
08-29-2020, 10:27 AM
No water? Only to sock/short level? So many issues. Still, props for doing it at all & I'll assume you use a SR normally, so my question is how often do you have to sharpen that thing? Does simply stropping it keep it sharp enough?

There really wasn't any hair below sock level anyway, and as far as moving up in the other direction goes, I couldn't think of a good place to stop if I went any higher. I certainly wasn't going to get that razor anywhere near my private parts. :) Yeah, I've been shaving my face with a straight razor for around ten years, so it wasn't all together just a completely stupid thing to do (...just a partially stupid thing). The razors stay sharp for a remarkably long period of time with just the stropping. Using a few razors in rotation for regular shaving, you could go six months before noticing any dulling, and then it only takes a few strokes on a hone to get them sharp again.

You may not be a badass, but you're certainly a ...

Not shaving below the socks or above the shorts?! What do you think you're gonna look like when you go out in street clothes?!

Did you even think of consulting your wife/mom/daughter/S.O./ANY woman on the street, or at least a ladies' magazine for some expertise before doing this?!

And you did it on carpet?!

That's it, three strikes; you're out!

LOL! The one thing I didn't consider is that my cycling tan line also stops right at the end of the shorts, so the combination of a sudden lack of tan and a sudden growth of hair really emphasizes the contrasting areas. :banana:

charliedid
08-29-2020, 10:31 AM
Why now?

C40_guy
08-29-2020, 11:20 AM

My hernia guy was clear with me -- let the professionals handle the manscaping.

EPOJoe
08-29-2020, 11:51 AM
Why now?

Boredom? :banana:

charliedid
08-29-2020, 12:07 PM
Boredom? :banana:

Thought so. Carry on...

:)

Peter P.
08-29-2020, 03:03 PM
Why now?

Covid, that's why.

EPOJoe
08-29-2020, 09:49 PM

I see what you did there. :)