PDA

View Full Version : Campy-12 Housing?

Waldo62
08-28-2020, 02:32 PM
Does Campagnolo make white brake and cable housing for its 12-speed groups? I'm asking for vain matchy-matching purposes only, as black housing doesn't look awesome on my white steel bike. Thanks, as always.

cgolvin
08-28-2020, 04:05 PM
Great question for @Velocipede, @gfk_velo, and others with direct connection to Campy. IME they've gone for the Henry Ford range of color choices.

Velocipede
08-28-2020, 05:09 PM
Campy is no longer making red or white housing or kits. They do not have any white or red in inventory anywhere.

I MIGHT have some more white and red in. Not sure. I can check tomorrow.

Mark McM
08-28-2020, 08:06 PM
Does Campagnolo 12spd require its own cables, or will 11spd cable work? And if there are 12spd specific cables, are they retrofittable to earlier groups, like 11spd cables were retrofittable to earlier groups?

Velocipede
08-28-2020, 09:15 PM
Does Campagnolo 12spd require its own cables, or will 11spd cable work? And if there are 12spd specific cables, are they retrofittable to earlier groups, like 11spd cables were retrofittable to earlier groups?

They do not require their own cables but they DO come with a slightly different inner wire and housing. They call it 'Maximum Smoothness'. Even have it labeled on the housing. The housing is slightly more flexible than the previous version. I've had issues with the previous version where the housing was showing age lines. Even brand new out of the package. Not sure why it was happening. But I know the new stuff is more flexible which should lead to the age lines not happening.

oldpotatoe
08-29-2020, 06:17 AM
Does Campagnolo make white brake and cable housing for its 12-speed groups? I'm asking for vain matchy-matching purposes only, as black housing doesn't look awesome on my white steel bike. Thanks, as always.

Just get 4mm lined der housing and 5mm brake housing..in colors..use their inner wires...NO FERRULES in the shifters please..and thanks.

Use 11s ones no problema..the '12s' stuff is slicky-slick(and big $) but any 1.1mm der inner wire, like Jagwire slick stainless, if fine.

Velocipede
08-29-2020, 08:06 AM
Just get 4mm lined der housing and 5mm brake housing..in colors..use their inner wires...NO FERRULES in the shifters please..and thanks.

Use 11s ones no problema..the '12s' stuff is slicky-slick(and big $) but any 1.1mm der inner wire, like Jagwire slick stainless, if fine.

If I remember right it's like $15 or 20 a wire! It's silly money.