PDA

View Full Version : Are you literate? Do you need to vent? Like high-end cycling apparel?

XXtwindad
08-26-2020, 02:48 PM
Then Isadore has a contest just for you! This came across my inbox today. No idea of what is actually involved even after reading the description below. But I guess you can win $600 in cycling gear if your essay is selected.

Here's your chance to get creative.

"Though some of your non-cycling friends may raise an eyebrow about our mantra, Road is the Way of Life, most cyclists understand our meaning immediately. It means, a bad day on the bike is still better than a good day in the office.

You understand, and you probably have a cycling buddy who understands too. If that’s the case, head over to our Instagram or to our Facebook page to have the chance to vent whatever struggles or difficulties you have faced. Tag your friend who will empathize and understand, and that will enter you in our lottery:

The three lucky winners will be announced on August 29th."

scoobydrew
08-26-2020, 03:15 PM
Calling J. Peterman...

colker
08-26-2020, 05:48 PM
A bad day on the bike is much worse than a good day at the office. A bad day is not a good day. Unless your job really svcks but then instead of riding you should be looking for another job.

echappist
08-26-2020, 06:10 PM
A bad day on the bike is much worse than a good day at the office. A bad day is not a good day. Unless your job really svcks but then instead of riding you should be looking for another job.

Bingo, thankfully, someone is here to call out the marketing bollocks.

Here's what a bad day on the bike could be like:
-heat exhaustion or heat stroke;
-sliding out on a corner/descent;
-tire blowing out, leading to a crash;
-fellow rider being physical aggressive;
-crashing into something, leading to breakage of bone or collapse of a lung;
-getting taken out by a car; and
-incidents much worse (up to and including to death).

Whoever came up with this sort of drivel either lacks introspection or lacks life experience.

Hellgate
08-26-2020, 06:15 PM
They've never double flatted and had a snow storm move in on them.

Or, pulled a perfect flying W and knocked themselves out 10 miles off the trailhead.

I could go on.

XXtwindad
08-26-2020, 06:21 PM
Bingo, thankfully, someone is here to call out the marketing bollocks.

Here's what a bad day on the bike could be like:
-heat exhaustion or heat stroke;
-sliding out on a corner/descent;
-tire blowing out, leading to a crash;
-fellow rider being physical aggressive;
-crashing into something, leading to breakage of bone or collapse of a lung;
-getting taken out by a car; and
-incidents much worse (up to and including to death).

Whoever came up with this sort of drivel either lacks introspection or lacks life experience.

Well, I'm not active on FB or Instagram, but I sure would like to win $600 of Isadore's stuff.

Here's my contribution:

"The spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak. The merciless afternoon sun had left my Isadore base layer drenched with sweat and smelling of rank desperation. Another fifteen percent hill beckoned just beyond the horizon."

Feel free to rip me off. How about 10% commission? Better yet, create your own cheesy story :)

charliedid
08-26-2020, 06:26 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/99/f9/21/99f921dabffe4319eea28d36f5310e26.jpg