PDA

View Full Version : Tour(s) Viewing..Anyone subscribing to EuroSport??

Tommasini53
08-23-2020, 06:35 PM
TDF, Giro, Vuetla start soon and I'd love to watch via ES. Anyone using a EuroSport subscription in the U.S.?? I'm very tempted to get a VPN and give it a try. I love ES's commentary. If you are an ES subscriber, how did you pay for the subscription?? I assume that you stream to the TV via computer and there no app on smart t.v.'s in the U.S. ???

phishrabbi
08-23-2020, 07:09 PM
TDF, Giro, Vuetla start soon and I'd love to watch via ES. Anyone using a EuroSport subscription in the U.S.?? I'm very tempted to get a VPN and give it a try. I love ES's commentary. If you are an ES subscriber, how did you pay for the subscription?? I assume that you stream to the TV via computer and there no app on smart t.v.'s in the U.S. ???

should work:

https://fried.com/how-to-watch-eurosport-in-usa/

jwalther
08-24-2020, 06:15 AM
NordVPN + Eurosport = more cycling than I can watch.

BlueFly
08-24-2020, 07:12 AM

+1

This has been great! NordVpn provides various connection points across the globe. Use it as our default VPN domestically.

Elefantino
08-24-2020, 07:49 AM
VPN Unlimited + Eurosport for me.

Can't get enough of Carlton Kirby, Rob Hatch, Sean Kelly and Brian Smith.

gone
08-24-2020, 08:48 AM
^^^^
This. Just now made it to stage 4 of the Dauphine. Watching it uninterrupted (no commercials).

Wouldn't even think of the crap offered in the U.S. e.g., NBC Sports Gold.

dan_hudson
08-24-2020, 11:53 AM
I thought Eurosport was cracking down on out-of-area subscribers by requiring payment via a locally-sourced credit card and other similar foiling efforts?

BdaGhisallo
08-24-2020, 12:51 PM
I thought Eurosport was cracking down on out-of-area subscribers by requiring payment via a locally-sourced credit card and other similar foiling efforts?

They are. I had a sub that I funded via PPal and I can't renew it now. They want a European credit card to use to verify your residence before they will renew (and initiate) a sub.

GregL
08-24-2020, 12:58 PM
Wouldn't even think of the crap offered in the U.S. e.g., NBC Sports Gold.
NBC Sports paid cycling coverage does offer their subscribers commercial-free service, both live and for replays. For the races they do broadcast, the coverage is (IMO) excellent. My disappointment is that they don't offer enough races.

Greg

jb_11
08-24-2020, 02:42 PM
NBC Sports paid cycling coverage does offer their subscribers commercial-free service, both live and for replays. For the races they do broadcast, the coverage is (IMO) excellent. My disappointment is that they don't offer enough races.

Greg

Yes! And, no price concession this year even with all the cancelled races.

Billybob62
08-24-2020, 02:45 PM

Greg

+1
I'm hoping NBC will have the commercial free version with Robbie McEwen doing commentary as they did last year.....

Alan
08-24-2020, 03:41 PM
I believe you can use their new app for broadcasts if you use a VPN. I have an NBC subs so I don't need.

https://racetv.globalcyclingnetwork.com/

Alan

DfCas
08-24-2020, 03:51 PM
Guess I'm the only one watching for free on NBC sports on TV?

choke
08-24-2020, 04:22 PM
I thought Eurosport was cracking down on out-of-area subscribers by requiring payment via a locally-sourced credit card and other similar foiling efforts?Yep. I had a subscription for several years and then my CC was compromised somewhere and a new number was issued. When I went to renew Eurosport it would not allow me to use that CC since it was not issued in the UK.

I tried the NBC Gold thing after that but I wasn't very thrilled with it; very sparse race coverage IMO and the announcers couldn't get the names correct for half of the female racers. Now I just use the VPN and watch Sporza or whatever link is available. I'd rather listen in a foreign language than to any of the US announcers.

LegendRider
08-24-2020, 07:55 PM
Can you watch NBC Sports Gold (with the $55 cycling pass) on Roku?

choke
08-24-2020, 10:01 PM
Can you watch NBC Sports Gold (with the $55 cycling pass) on Roku? Yes, that's what I used.

jwalther
08-25-2020, 06:15 AM

I've renewed once since that policy was announced. I don't know whether I got lucky, or was grandfathered in for some reason.