PDA

View Full Version : Top Mount Front Facing Blinky Light

charliedid
08-23-2020, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going to try one of these Knog lights but can anyone else think of a small front blinky that mounts and faces forward (like a headlight) on top of the bars vs the face of the bars? I need one to not interfere with the front bag I use.

TIA

dbnm
08-23-2020, 06:08 PM
How about this?

A Bontrager Ion 200 RT light with Bontrager bag clip?

This works great for me.

Velocipede
08-23-2020, 06:36 PM
Lezyne KTV Drive. Front facing on top of the bar. USB rechargeable. Waterproof. Replaceable straps. $25.

hockeybike
08-23-2020, 06:43 PM
I’m pretty unhappy with the light output of my Knog front light. It’s a different model, but I’d just steer clear of their lights after using this one. Kinda pathetic beam, never should have made it past design.

charliedid
08-25-2020, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the good input everyone.

edsteck
08-25-2020, 11:11 AM
The Bontrager light is really bright for it's size.

ColonelJLloyd
08-25-2020, 12:10 PM
That Bontrager looks pretty good. I often ride with a Burrito Deluxe and this would work well. But, I always have an out front with a GoPro type mount under the Wahoo. If this thread also came to have suggestions for a light for that mount I wouldn't be upset and hopefully the OP would not. :)

wallymann
08-25-2020, 12:13 PM
I’m pretty unhappy with the light output of my Knog front light. It’s a different model, but I’d just steer clear of their lights after using this one. Kinda pathetic beam, never should have made it past design.

which one?

charliedid
08-25-2020, 05:56 PM
That Bontrager looks pretty good. I often ride with a Burrito Deluxe and this would work well. But, I always have an out front with a GoPro type mount under the Wahoo. If this thread also came to have suggestions for a light for that mount I wouldn't be upset and hopefully the OP would not. :)

Oh no worry at all :) Bring it on.

dbnm
08-25-2020, 06:31 PM
Some of the Bontrager lights have the adapter to fit the GoPro mount as well. I used to run that but it will interfere with the bar bags.

rwsaunders
08-25-2020, 07:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qekJ7ROl.jpg

I mount a Light & Motion Urban 500 to the CF bar.

https://lightandmotion.com/collections/urban-cycling/products/vis-500-onyx

charliedid
08-25-2020, 07:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qekJ7ROl.jpg

I mount a Light & Motion Urban 500 to the CF bar.

https://lightandmotion.com/collections/urban-cycling/products/vis-500-onyx

Yeah I can run any number of headlights including. L&M but I really just need a small profile light for my go fast bike. I was using Cygolite Dice and or a Knog Blinder but they were so old and tired they really didn't hold a charge to my liking any longer (it happens) and did interfere with my bag situation causing me much consternation and angst. :eek::p;)

Cheers

charliedid
08-25-2020, 07:56 PM
Adding.... that I can't even seem to find that Knog I posted. So many problemos.

ToonaBP
08-25-2020, 08:40 PM
I've tried several front/rear Knog lights... none lasted more than a few months. Very pleased with the Bontrager Ion....

charliedid
08-25-2020, 08:59 PM
I've tried several front/rear Knog lights... none lasted more than a few months. Very pleased with the Bontrager Ion....

I've actually had pretty good luck with the Knog lights I have had minus the first iteration of MOB straps failing. I know that Bontrager is well liked by many but this is mostly for my Trek Emonda and putting a Bonty light on it just seems so....pedestrian LOL :)

I should probably just buy one tomorrow anyway and get on with my stupid life.

thx

ColonelJLloyd
08-25-2020, 09:05 PM
I know that Bontrager is well liked by many but this is mostly for my Trek Emonda and putting a Bonty light on it just seems so....pedestrian LOL :)

Nonstarter. Like some rube who just let the shop owner do whatever.

charliedid
08-25-2020, 09:11 PM
Nonstarter. Like some rube who just let the shop owner do whatever.

Word.

I'm never gonna be that guy.