PDA

View Full Version : I bought monster cross

Fixed
08-21-2020, 07:08 PM
Bought this today
For winter in the headlands
Changing a few parts before I bring home
Chris king headset and crank and I have a new pair Of 700c off my other Bike that are dt rims and hubs In case I do not like 650 b. That comes with it.
Cheers

NHAero
08-21-2020, 07:15 PM
Looks the bizniz, and sharp color! Enjoy!

chismog
08-21-2020, 07:25 PM
Cool! I just saw one in the wild yesterday, yellow orange fade, totally hot, and I told the rider I thought so. I admired the biplane(?) fork crown as he rode off.

That's a sweet ride, Fixed. You're bound to have fun with that. ;)

bicycletricycle
08-21-2020, 07:27 PM
Those are cool bikes. Great for riding across the bridge and doing some cruising in the headlands. I used to sleep in the headlands every night when i was a vagabond, It is beautiful.

dbnm
08-21-2020, 07:38 PM
So cool

Bici-Sonora
08-22-2020, 04:40 PM
Those are cool bikes. Great for riding across the bridge and doing some cruising in the headlands. I used to sleep in the headlands every night when i was a vagabond, It is beautiful.

I want to hear more about these vagabond monstercross adventures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed
08-22-2020, 04:41 PM

I think about That often when I ride on Conzelman and pass the bunkers ,
how nice would be sleep overnight there and wake up and go ride . Did you ever hear the singing coyotes they sound to like ladies taking And the bridge also hums when it is windy . Almost makes me want an camper van to travel and explore beautiful NorCal as a vagabond too
Cheers my friends

markie
08-22-2020, 06:10 PM
So how is the Monster Cross bike? Is it a good compromise?

robt57
08-22-2020, 06:16 PM
700c for pave, 650b for when you spend more of your trekking day on the loose stuff. ;)

'All Road' does not mean one set of sneakers necessarily...:bike:

Fixed
08-22-2020, 06:25 PM
700c for pave, 650b for when you spend more of your trekking day on the loose stuff. ;)

'All Road' does not mean one set of sneakers necessarily...:bike:

Yes I also have a crux With 35 gravel kings I got It in April it is kinda my road
bike now , I am thinking 700’s with fenders On g.m. for the rainy season here
Cheers

robt57
08-22-2020, 06:30 PM
It's all good. ;)

Fixed
08-22-2020, 07:04 PM
So how is the Monster Cross bike? Is it a good compromise?

The guys at the shop I go to have NorCal mountain biking in the veins
You know no one has bikes now especially in the 56 range now ,i went for a seat bag this local guy named Kale makes they are really good .
I asked how long would It take to get a G.M. The guy said I have one ,I took It for test ride and said I will take it .with some modifications taking till next week .I paid for it yesterday .

i am looking forward to the air clearing (smoke everywhere)and taking it across the brides to Marin doing some of the trails that I have scouting out.
Cheers

markie
08-22-2020, 07:13 PM
Well that’s lucky! Looking at their website, I think a new batch just arrived.

I am looking forward to a ride report and photos, lots of photos!

Steve in SLO
08-22-2020, 09:06 PM
Really nice looking. Like the curved fork...nice touch.