PDA

View Full Version : dissent133 gloves - opinions?

Dired
08-21-2020, 03:48 PM
Is anyone using this glove kit? Would appreciate any feedback.

https://www.dissent133.com/

Octave
08-21-2020, 05:52 PM
I've had them for about a year now. RIdden in all conditions, from light sprinkles to cold, heavy sleet. For the most part, I'd say they are the nicest I've ever worn. They are not 100% waterproof (nor would you want them to be, I suppose) and do get waterlogged after a couple of hours in the rain. I'd say you've got ~2hr of consistent rain before they really start to feel wet. That being said, when they are wet they perform perfectly - good grip, warm, no slipperiness inside of the glove...etc. And they dry pretty quickly.

My one complaint is that after about 6 months the innermost liners were showing more wear than I'd expect. The other three layers are still looking pretty immaculate.

Dired
08-21-2020, 08:47 PM
I've had them for about a year now. RIdden in all conditions, from light sprinkles to cold, heavy sleet. For the most part, I'd say they are the nicest I've ever worn. They are not 100% waterproof (nor would you want them to be, I suppose) and do get waterlogged after a couple of hours in the rain. I'd say you've got ~2hr of consistent rain before they really start to feel wet. That being said, when they are wet they perform perfectly - good grip, warm, no slipperiness inside of the glove...etc. And they dry pretty quickly.

My one complaint is that after about 6 months the innermost liners were showing more wear than I'd expect. The other three layers are still looking pretty immaculate.Thanks so much for your feedback. I guess I'm in. [emoji3451]

cp43
08-22-2020, 07:58 AM
I have a set, but haven't used them as much as Octave. They do seem very well made.

Be careful on the sizing, I ordered the biggest size, which was indicated for me by their measurement chart, and they are almost too tight. Tolerable, but I'd like more space. I'd suggest sizing up.

Chris

Dired
08-22-2020, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the tip. Chatted into the site and looks like they changed their sizing recently.