PDA

View Full Version : Nove vs. Ottrott st

nirism
02-03-2007, 02:03 AM
Hello,

1)What are the diffrences between the frames ? My question is specificly for performance: climbing, accelerating, transition changes etc...

2)Does anyone have links to reviews on those frames ?

Thanks

Blastinbob
02-03-2007, 07:43 AM
The Ottrott has more tubing options. If you want a snappy performance bike from Serotta you need to get one of their all carbon frames. Blast away! :D

nirism
02-03-2007, 09:39 AM
if you have 3 catogries, what is the score 1-10 in each one:

race
club ride
century

thanks

92degrees
02-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Custom frames with different tubing options. You could have either built to be ideal for any of those types of riding.

nirism
02-03-2007, 10:00 AM
and in case of this frame ?

davids
02-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Fierte IT is not custom. You would have to ride one to judge whether it is suitable.

Skrawny
02-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Here (http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=3554) is where Pez reviewed the Nove (but really didn't compare with the Ottrott). Also that was the first iteration of the Nove with older tubing, so I don't know how useful it really is. I can't think of other reviews.

-s

vaxn8r
02-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Pez has reviewed both the Ottrott and the Nove.

pdxmech13
02-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Both of the bikes that you have stated above (we'll leave out the IT as this isn't a custom bike) are excellent frames. The reason for looking at the Ottrott would be that it does have more tube options for better tuning. The Carbon tubes are hand laid for multiple options to help ride, twist, flex. St is for performance as it allows the rear wheel to track better at speed. All the ti tubes will be Colorado Concept so that will give you lighter weight and more tuning again. Finally the Ottrott offers more finish schemes with out higher upcharges. I still think that the Ottrott is one of the best and well tested custom frames out on the market. buy one and you'll never regret it. Just make sure you know what your goals are now and for the future.

Climb01742
02-03-2007, 04:42 PM
The Ottrott has more tubing options. If you want a snappy performance bike from Serotta you need to get one of their all carbon frames. Blast away! :D

+1
serotta's new all carbon frames (HSG + attack) seem to offer great performance at good prices. i'd add those to your shopping list.

SoCalSteve
02-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Both of the bikes that you have stated above (we'll leave out the IT as this isn't a custom bike) are excellent frames. The reason for looking at the Ottrott would be that it does have more tube options for better tuning. The Carbon tubes are hand laid for multiple options to help ride, twist, flex. St is for performance as it allows the rear wheel to track better at speed. All the ti tubes will be Colorado Concept so that will give you lighter weight and more tuning again. Finally the Ottrott offers more finish schemes with out higher upcharges. I still think that the Ottrott is one of the best and well tested custom frames out on the market. buy one and you'll never regret it. Just make sure you know what your goals are now and for the future.

I rode mine for a few thousand miles before I sold it (wasnt completely thrilled with the geo)...and I could not agree more. Very solid, extremely well contructed. The Rolls Royce of bikes.

Good luck,

Steve