PDA

View Full Version : Smith Customer Service

notsew
08-21-2020, 11:33 AM
Brand loyalty isn't really a thing for me, but Smith's customer service got me there.

Last year I made a claim on an original Forefront I bought somewhere dodgy on clearance because the strap had frayed on the retention system. Not only did they accept the warranty claim without question (even though I am pretty sure it was out of warranty) they replaced it with a Forefront 2 MIPs (which is a waaay better helmet, it turns out).

Then last week the nose piece on my glasses broke. I gave them a call and the only questions they asked were for my name and address so they could send a new one.

That's all, thought they deserved some props.

doomridesout
08-21-2020, 11:53 AM
I agree. I’ve warranty replaced two pairs of glasses and it was smooth as can be.

modernfuturist
08-21-2020, 12:11 PM
Just curious did you just call their US customer service?

I'll try again but I called last year to ask if I could buy some replacement pads on a now discontinued Smith Overtake helmet and they said no replacement pads existed and they only offered a partial discount if mailed in the helmet.

BobbyJones
08-21-2020, 12:50 PM
I agree.

2x hassle free warranty replacement on glasses.

First time was a mail in assessment. Second time recently during covid and I just had to send in pictures.

I’d rather the glass coating not flake off every couple of years, but as long as they stand by their warranty, I’m happy to pay the up front premium.