PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Tubeless for Reynolds Attacks

hairylegs
08-18-2020, 05:01 PM
Hey y'all. Who hates mounting tires on unforgiving rims? :crap:

Love the Reynolds wheels, but had to take them in to get the Schwalbe Ones mounted. Impossible - even the mechanic with hands of iron struggled.

So I'm in search for the "easiest" tire to mount. I'd prefer 28mm...

Any suggestions?

Thanks y'all!

fogrider
08-19-2020, 12:16 AM
Hey y'all. Who hates mounting tires on unforgiving rims? :crap:

Love the Reynolds wheels, but had to take them in to get the Schwalbe Ones mounted. Impossible - even the mechanic with hands of iron struggled.

So I'm in search for the "easiest" tire to mount. I'd prefer 28mm...

Any suggestions?

Thanks y'all!

I just mounted a pair of Hutchinson Fusions in 30mm. they went on with just my hands, easy. I made sure to push the bead to the center of the rim and when I was ready to pop the last bit on, I went to tension the bead from the far end and worked in both directions and it popped over with no problem. Once I got both sides of the bead on, I made sure the bead was seated around the valve and then all along the rim. Then, using my track pump, I was able to fill the tire and then the tire popped onto the rim and its been holding air for 24 hours.

shrimp123
08-19-2020, 01:26 AM
have you tried rubber work gloves? protects your skin, gives you extra grip and makes mounting tubeless a piece of ... oh well... rubber mounting :wink:

old fat man
08-19-2020, 11:38 AM
Timely thread. I am fighting with a Vittoria Corsa G on my Attack rim. It was holding air just fine, then I came home from a long vacation and it was flat and I can't get it to hold air again. I tried new tape (very hard to get the tire off for this!), more sealant, but neither has helped. I'm going to try a new Corsa G tire because I have it in the bin, but have been avoiding it because of the difficulty of removing and installing tires on these rims.

hairylegs
08-19-2020, 01:07 PM
They really are bad, aren't they?! Sorry for your difficulty! I should've listen before I bought them, but they sure ride beautifully - especially for the price!

yinzerniner
08-19-2020, 02:02 PM
They really are bad, aren't they?! Sorry for your difficulty! I should've listen before I bought them, but they sure ride beautifully - especially for the price!

Yeah, the earlier-gen Reynolds tubeless rims (Attack, Assault, Strike) are notoriously tough to get tubeless tires on. But the newest Pro One Addix TLE (with the orange in the graphics) are way easier mount than the previous Schwalbe TLE tires.

Also just put on a set of 700x28 Teravail Ramparts, and while they're harder to inflate/seat (have to use lots of soapy water) they're conversely pretty easy to mount on the rim itself.

hairylegs
08-19-2020, 05:37 PM
Call me crazy but now I REALLY want Goodyear...

slambers3
08-19-2020, 06:35 PM
Call me crazy but now I REALLY want Goodyear...

In before thread locked 🤣

hairylegs
08-19-2020, 08:28 PM
They just announced their new tubeless tires! Is there something I'm missing?

:banana::banana::banana: