PDA

View Full Version : Cicli Mondonico and My Blog Article Re: Same

Coffee Rider
08-17-2020, 10:06 PM
Although I've already posted some pictures of the 70th Anniversary Mondonico that I acquired, I wrote about it in my blog here: https://coffeeridereporter.wordpress.com/2020/08/17/cicli-mondonico/

I hope at least some of you find it amusing. If you see anything that's wrong or missing, please let me know. I find the histories of small builders to be really interesting and that might relate to my affinity for bikes made in small shops.

XXtwindad
08-18-2020, 08:54 AM
Really informative, Josh. Your love for the heritage of the bike is evident. Thanks for sharing.

Waldo62
08-18-2020, 01:01 PM
Great looking frame and nice write-up. Thank you for sharing. I looked into getting a Mondonico, but I'm between sizes of their stock frames, so have had to pass.

colker
08-18-2020, 01:11 PM
One bike i want is Mondonico.

JasonF
08-18-2020, 04:00 PM
Thanks for sharing the informative post! I loved my monostay Mondonico...geo was a touch aggressive for me, but it was a superbly constructed and great riding frame.

Spaghetti Legs
08-18-2020, 04:21 PM
I’ve had a Mondonico on my want to ride list for a long time. I missed a couple of opportunities at good deals on one a few years ago and now they seem to command a premium (as they should).

4 or 5 years ago I emailed Colnago about getting work done on my old C40 and Mauro Mondonico replied.

Coffee Rider
08-18-2020, 04:26 PM
Thanks for sharing the informative post! I loved my monostay Mondonico...geo was a touch aggressive for me, but it was a superbly constructed and great riding frame.

My chem lab TA in college had a monostay Mondonico, though he get rid of it after getting a Merlin, which lasted him through graduate school and an entire career in the Army after that.

paredown
08-18-2020, 04:39 PM
Nice write up... thanks for posting.

Hawker
08-18-2020, 06:38 PM
Thanks I enjoyed that. My dentist has one (yep) and he lives down the street. I think I'll go over and have a look.

GregL
08-18-2020, 07:02 PM
My first “road racing” bike was a Mondonico-built Torelli. It was (IMO) a wonderful combination of Italian design/manufacturing and American Imron paint. As my knowledge of bike fit evolved, I sized down and sold the Torelli. If I ever come across a lugged Torelli Countach in size 56, I will grab it in an instant!

Greg