PDA

View Full Version : MTBing in Moss Landing, CA

joosttx
08-15-2020, 10:46 AM
Does anyone have first hand knowledge of routes ?

Kirk Pacenti
08-15-2020, 10:57 AM

JimmyTango
08-15-2020, 04:05 PM
Fort Ord and Toro Park are just a quick drive south. Fort Ord has hours of XC and Gravel single track/ fireroads. Toro Park is just across the highway and has a super fun “black diamond” level downhill called Pipeline. Feel free to message me if you want more details.

Marburg
08-16-2020, 12:29 AM
As others have said, there ain't no nothing (literally, and in terms of MTB) in Moss Landing.

But yes, a short drive north or south there are some excellent options.
Lots to explore.

Hindmost
08-16-2020, 09:56 AM
Fort Ord while expansive and open is somewhat exposed. I went to summer camp there once, lots of hiking. Nisene Marks is forested and pretty special.

EB
08-16-2020, 10:31 AM
Ord is going to be hot, dusty and filled with PO this time of year. Nisene Marks and Soquel Demo Forest are just to the north - would definitely go there.

pdmtong
08-16-2020, 11:29 AM
Riding a hardtail in Nisene Marks or Demo won't be much fun ...

The Sea Otter XC courses at Ft Ord could work ...

joosttx
08-16-2020, 11:41 AM
Riding a hardtail in Nisene Marks or Demo won't be much fun ...

The Sea Otter XC courses at Ft Ord could work ...

I enjoyed Demo on a hardtail.... anyway who says Im bringing a hardtail :)

pdmtong
08-16-2020, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed Demo on a hardtail.... anyway who says Im bringing a hardtail :)

First rule: always dance with the girl you brought...
I am reminded I used to ride all the stuff I do today on a rigid six-speed fisher HKEK with cantilever and u-brake that weighed 32+. Hite-Rite no dropper post. Toe-clips and lightweight hiking shoes. I was having fun.

Hmmmmm time for the FS reveal. I predict AXS and 150mm

Hindmost
08-16-2020, 12:34 PM
...Riding a hardtail in Nisene Marks or Demo won't be much fun ...

I've only seen some of the upper parts of Nisene Marks. Are there parts that are particularly technical or parts that you simply want to bomb?

pdmtong
08-16-2020, 02:14 PM
I've only seen some of the upper parts of Nisene Marks. Are there parts that are particularly technical or parts that you simply want to bomb?
I was being dragged around on locals only trails so can't say where I was or how to replicate. was a blast and a reminder I need to up my skills. similarly I was over at wilder once and guys are going right at a waist high wall and hopping up and onto it.