PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Rear Derailleur Bolt

pjmsj21
08-14-2020, 06:00 PM
The rear derailleur on my Serotta Concours broke off of the hanger when I had a close encounter with a deer and crashed. The bolt that attaches the RD broke and the hanger appears to be undamaged.

Is there a spec for this bolt and if so any suggestions on where to find one?

TIA

Pat

Columbus SLX
08-14-2020, 08:56 PM
Hi pat - what kind of derailleur is it? Post a photo if you’re not sure.
Even if the hanger looks okay it’s probably a little bit out of alignment now. Any bike shop will have the hanger alignment tool to get it back in line.
You’re okay after the crash I hope!

Peter P.
08-14-2020, 09:18 PM
That's unusual for the derailleur mounting bolt to break. Is it aluminum?

oldpotatoe
08-15-2020, 06:35 AM
The rear derailleur on my Serotta Concours broke off of the hanger when I had a close encounter with a deer and crashed. The bolt that attaches the RD broke and the hanger appears to be undamaged.

Is there a spec for this bolt and if so any suggestions on where to find one?

TIA

Pat

It's a 10by1 threaded bolt but a replacement depends on the rear der type/manufacturer/model..Is it Campag? I have a bunch of these bolts.

pjmsj21
08-15-2020, 03:38 PM
Peter,

It will be a Campy rear DR.....not sure of whether it will be Athena or Chorus but will be a 2011-14 vintage.

pjmsj21
08-15-2020, 04:13 PM
Hi pat - what kind of derailleur is it? Post a photo if you’re not sure.
Even if the hanger looks okay it’s probably a little bit out of alignment now. Any bike shop will have the hanger alignment tool to get it back in line.
You’re okay after the crash I hope!

Hi...thanks attached a couple of pics of the damaged DR. As to damage to me: fractured pelvis in four locations, a shoulder injury and an ankle that was the size of a grapefruit. Trashed my helmet as well but not its contents.

oldpotatoe
08-16-2020, 06:34 AM
Hi...thanks attached a couple of pics of the damaged DR. As to damage to me: fractured pelvis in four locations, a shoulder injury and an ankle that was the size of a grapefruit. Trashed my helmet as well but not its contents.

Sorry, don't have that one..unique with '11s' rear ders...I'll check with Campag, NA..

m_sasso
08-16-2020, 02:23 PM
Sound like the bike repair should be the least of your concerns currently, take care of yourself and we hope you heal up quickly.

parallelfish
08-16-2020, 02:42 PM
As to damage to me: fractured pelvis in four locations, a shoulder injury and an ankle that was the size of a grapefruit. Trashed my helmet as well but not its contents.

Yikes! Hope you are healing well. Deer are so dangerous! I have had way too many near collisions with these unpredictable creatures.

pjmsj21
08-17-2020, 12:37 PM
Sorry, don't have that one..unique with '11s' rear ders...I'll check with Campag, NA..

Peter thanks.....will look forward to hearing what you find out.....the joys of dealing with an older Campy system.

oldpotatoe
08-22-2020, 08:24 AM
Peter thanks.....will look forward to hearing what you find out.....the joys of dealing with an older Campy system.

PM sent

chismog
08-22-2020, 01:14 PM

:eek: I'm still on Campy 10s for most of my bikes! I prob will be as long as the parts are available and not cost prohibitive.... guess I'm personally part of that "older Campy system" now. :rolleyes: