PDA

View Full Version : My bike is in for service

Fixed
08-11-2020, 12:45 PM
Most know that these days we have to make an appointment for service
I did that last week .
Dropped off my new bike (Crux)yesterday ,shop was mainly checking out my new wheels after a few hundred miles .and they did a few other things but they had to keep it over night
So I rode my Bottecchia it is incredible to ride and it is 31 years old 28.21 miles 2973 elevation in thick fog at 6:00 am thank you new raincoat , It was wet slippery and terrible visibility ...I loved it also there were deer and on the main road appearing out of the fog was a very large coyote who was not scared of cyclist at all ,he stood still while a small group of us on Conzelman rode by .The campy chorus rim brakes Proton wheels worked fantastic on the down hill .
My old bike is great and it seems it is still being made
https://www.bottecchia.com/en/modelli/leggendaria
Cheers to all

happycampyer
08-11-2020, 02:40 PM
One of my all-time favorite paint schemes. Ride in good health, Fixed!

weisan
08-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Told you Fixed...you still have it!

ddeand
08-11-2020, 04:53 PM
Nice ride! The bike and the route.

jamesdak
08-11-2020, 07:42 PM
Nothing wrong with old steel. :banana::banana:

Beautiful bike!

NHAero
08-11-2020, 08:39 PM
I can hardly tell a difference in riding times on my usual routes between another 31 year old Italian steel bike, my Casati Monza, and my four pounds lighter Firefly. Keep that Bottechia rolling!

giordana93
08-11-2020, 08:49 PM
nice choice on the bars. I still can't bring myself to embrace short and shallow, even on my modern disc brake bike (not that your bars would work with newer levers, sadly).

Toeclips
08-11-2020, 09:08 PM
Nice Bottecchia, love the color scheme

But to the point, I always thought having two or three bikes would always keep you on the road, even if you have to make one from three

jamesdak
08-12-2020, 06:47 AM
Nice Bottecchia, love the color scheme

But to the point, I always thought having two or three bikes would always keep you on the road, even if you have to make one from three

That's my theory, always have a spare.....or two.....:p

https://pbase.com/jhuddle/image/169860199.jpg

oldpotatoe
08-12-2020, 07:53 AM
Most know that these days we have to make an appointment for service
I did that last week .
Dropped off my new bike (Crux)yesterday ,shop was mainly checking out my new wheels after a few hundred miles .and they did a few other things but they had to keep it over night
So I rode my Bottecchia it is incredible to ride and it is 31 years old 28.21 miles 2973 elevation in thick fog at 6:00 am thank you new raincoat , It was wet slippery and terrible visibility ...I loved it also there were deer and on the main road appearing out of the fog was a very large coyote who was not scared of cyclist at all ,he stood still while a small group of us on Conzelman rode by .The campy chorus rim brakes Proton wheels worked fantastic on the down hill .
My old bike is great and it seems it is still being made
https://www.bottecchia.com/en/modelli/leggendaria
Cheers to all

no iron like old iron...:)

thwart
08-12-2020, 08:12 AM
'Viper' would love to know his old steed is getting some miles.

Those are lovely frames, and you've built it up nicely.

Fixed
08-12-2020, 12:38 PM
'Viper' would love to know his old steed is getting some miles.

Those are lovely frames, and you've built it up nicely.

Yes He set me up and did me a wonderful favor When I first got to San Francisco the bike sat until recently when my anxiety subsided enough for me to try riding again ,which made me feel much better
I hope he is well
The only thing I did was new tires and added a 120 stem and added frame saver and new bar tape
Cheers