PDA

View Full Version : Tubeless-ready wheelsets and tires recommendation

biker.caliente
08-09-2020, 12:32 AM
Ready to move away from clinchers for tubeless. I have researched quite a bit on the wheelsets and tires but still don't have a good grasp on what is most suitable for my needs. I like to hear from your experience and any suggestion.

1. Road wheelset, low profile rim brake, not interested in straight carbon, Shimano 9/10/11 speed freehub (eg. C24)
2. 700c tires in either 23 or 25
3. Your preferred sealant
4. Rider weight limit to 200lb

Even better if someone has spare parts to sell.

Thanks in advance.

Wookski
08-09-2020, 12:46 AM
Campagnolo Bora WTO, GP5K tubeless 25mm, Orange Seal. Have ridden this setup for a few months now and the rear tyre is almost due for replacement. Easy to setup, held air/ sealed without sealant, feels fast and comfortable, no punctures. I’m a massive fan of campagnolo wheels- amazing hubs and excellent carbon quality and braking performance.

biker.caliente
08-09-2020, 01:20 AM
Sorry, I should add Shimano 9/10/11 freehub.

Wookski
08-09-2020, 03:19 AM
Sorry, I should add Shimano 9/10/11 freehub.

Even though Boras are available with Shimano freehubs I could never recommend committing the sin of Shimagnolo. Good luck.

oldpotatoe
08-09-2020, 06:10 AM
Even though Boras are available with Shimano freehubs I could never recommend committing the sin of Shimagnolo. Good luck.

Then Fulcrum..Campag(and Fulcrum) wheels come with a HG freehub body for a reason..so that those who choose the 'S' brands can experience Campagnolo goodness..their first step toward redemption...:)

ahumblecycler
08-09-2020, 06:20 AM
I have three different sets of wheels:

1. Industry-Nine i25 (fastest engaging hubs I’ve ever owned), Shimano WH-RS500 (unknown bargain routinely under $300), and DT350 laced to DT460 rims built by our very own oldpotato

2. Schwalbe Pro One tires; have a pair Conti 5000s and pair of Maxxis waiting in the queue

3. Orange sealant

4. None of weight limits but if all else fails work with oldpotatoe to build you are pair and don’t look back

oldpotatoe
08-09-2020, 06:26 AM
I have three different sets of wheels:

1. Industry-Nine i25 (fastest engaging hubs I’ve ever owned), Shimano WH-RS500 (unknown bargain routinely under $300), and DT350 laced to DT460 rims built by our very own oldpotato

2. Schwalbe Pro One tires; have a pair Conti 5000s and pair of Maxxis waiting in the queue

3. Orange sealant

4. None of weight limits but if all else fails work with oldpotatoe to build you are pair and don’t look back

Grazie:)

But to tag on to the OP..give me a shout and I can design something specifically for the OP's needs..