PDA

View Full Version : OT: NHL Playoff restart

BobC
08-07-2020, 05:00 PM
Has been surprisingly good.

Habs - Pens on right now & it is entertaining (and I am a Western Conf guy). Leafs - Blue Jackets last night was really good too.

Is Doc doing any play-by-play? Haven't heard him yet -- he is an institution.

mdeth1313
08-07-2020, 05:05 PM
Let's go Islanders! (been a long time, save the past year).

denvervig
08-07-2020, 05:37 PM
Go Habs Go - '93 was a long time ago...

CNY rider
08-07-2020, 06:17 PM
I'm trying, honestly. But in the middle of August, after months without hockey I just can't get into it.
Why didn't they just wait another 2 months and start a new season?
And having been to Leafs games, seeing the empty stadium now makes me feel very sad inside. Maybe that's why I can't enjoy it.

eippo1
08-07-2020, 10:01 PM
I'm trying, honestly. But in the middle of August, after months without hockey I just can't get into it.

Why didn't they just wait another 2 months and start a new season?

And having been to Leafs games, seeing the empty stadium now makes me feel very sad inside. Maybe that's why I can't enjoy it.Watching with empty seats and no sounds other than the players is really weird. There are a lot of fun driven teams such as my beloved Bruins that I think are not playing to full because of this.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Matthew
08-08-2020, 12:02 AM
I think it's been great so far. Of course it would be better with fans but I'm loving it. Just to see live sports again is awesome. And it's cool that some upsets have already happened. Rooting for the Blackhawks and Islanders.

fignon's barber
08-08-2020, 05:48 AM
Hats off to the NHL. Especially the players. You can see the intensity ramping up with each game. Shows the importance of the Stanley Cup. And for people of Canada, I think it helps to bring back some normalcy.

BobC
08-08-2020, 10:14 AM
Chicago beat the Oilers to advance and both Nashville & Minnesota got bounced. It was a good evening for this Hawks fan.
Unbelievable the Leafs came back -- game 5 should be a great game. Two really evenly matched teams. Worth the price of admission just to see Torts lose his mind.