PDA

View Full Version : OT: Katie Ledecky

reuben
08-07-2020, 02:04 PM
She's won 5 Olympic gold medals and 15 world championship gold medals.

Now this. Because she can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16tGOwlwy7E

tylercheung
08-07-2020, 02:11 PM
Ha, awesome!

For some reason it reminded me of the gyroscopic chicken head commercial:

https://youtu.be/LEGZ7hGaMNI

pooneej
08-07-2020, 03:04 PM
Yeah I saw this on the news early this week. Was CBS this morning- jeff glor/etc etc. I only remember that because he made some dumb comment about if you try this at home dont use glass. Glass in pool I know bad but if that glass dropped off someones head while in the water it's not gonna shatter .

Anyway, thats why she's an olympian. Incredible machine like form. very wow.

C40_guy
08-07-2020, 03:36 PM
Well sure. Chocolate milk is the ideal recovery drink. Why not bring it with you!

reuben
08-07-2020, 03:43 PM
Well sure. Chocolate milk is the ideal recovery drink. Why not bring it with you!

I'm waiting for the sequel where she uses the snorkel to drink it underwater.

pdmtong
08-07-2020, 04:41 PM
I saw katie and simone manuel race at stanford prior to a collegiate club invitational my daughter was swimming. katie swam a full set of races and ended with a 500 in a ridiculous time. it's one thing to see it on TV and another to see it in person - so strong...

rnhood
08-07-2020, 06:56 PM
It's very impressive to see these elite swimmers in person. Caeleb Dressel came to our pool in Ormond a couple weeks ago and I got to see him. Incredibly fast - almost to the point of seeming supernatural. I hope he brings back some medals next year in Tokyo...assuming the olympics happen.

Ledecky was using fins for this milk stunt. That doesn't take anything away from her talent but, it definitely helps the body stay stable as well as helping to explain her 35 second time on this 50M.

Ken Robb
08-07-2020, 08:34 PM
I am amazed by the ability of these athletes to put out 100% in one race and do a similar exertion a short time later. I was a mediocre 1/4 miler in HS and I hated having to run a 220 leg on a half mile relay the same day.