PDA

View Full Version : Northwave Cycling Shoes

AngryScientist
08-06-2020, 02:41 PM
Didnt see any recent threads.

Any feedback on these shoes with regards to fit compared to Giro or Sidi, and overall quality/thoughts?

my giros are falling apart and i'm not thrilled with the current line-up of giro shoes, and the Extreme GT's have caught my attention.

anyone?

Veloo
08-06-2020, 02:57 PM
I owned a pair of Typhoon EVO SBS shoes a number of years ago.
They ran wider than regular Sidi and Giro.
I had a 43.5 and it was a touch narrower than the Sidi Mega 43.5.

Good quality. I've get a newer model if shops would carry them here.
I like how they now make a sole that is both 3 and 4 bolt compatible with the switch of an inside bolt adapter.

The also offer a wider fit on a very select few models.

fignon's barber
08-06-2020, 04:13 PM
I've got a pair of NW mtb/cross shoes. They run MUCH bigger than Sidi. My Sidi's are 43, the NW are 42 and are roomier than the Sidi. Quality is good,but not up to the Sidi level though. If you need size help, www.ALL4CYCLING.com had very accurate size tables.

Velocipede
08-06-2020, 04:16 PM
Didnt see any recent threads.

Any feedback on these shoes with regards to fit compared to Giro or Sidi, and overall quality/thoughts?

my giros are falling apart and i'm not thrilled with the current line-up of giro shoes, and the Extreme GT's have caught my attention.

anyone?

Northwave is now being imported by the same people who import Selle Italia and San Marco into the US. So they might be a bit chaotic for a month due to the change over. But they have some great looking shoes and clothes on their website.

AngryScientist
08-06-2020, 04:21 PM
Thank you guys. it looks like i am just going to have to order from a good website with a solid return policy and hope for the best.

skiezo
08-06-2020, 04:25 PM
I would also check out the Fizik line line of shoes. I have been in them for about 4/5 years and really like the fit and durability of them. I have a semi wide hoof and the fit seem pretty true to size.

thegunner
08-06-2020, 04:27 PM
i prefer the fizik shoes over the northwaves, fit similarly but are significantly lighter with equivalent tightening mechanisms (i.e. boa for boa, velcro for velcro)

that said, i prefer both over sidi.

DeBike
08-07-2020, 04:50 AM
I got a pair of Bont Riot from PBK with a 20% clothing discount code. With the discount the cost was $56usd, $9.95 shipping. I wear a 43 and the sizing is spot on. I only have just over 100 miles with them, but they are very comfortable. There is more room and no seams in the toe area, compared to other spd-sl shoes I have. There is a small bumper on the heel for protection. IMO, really nice shoes.

R3awak3n
08-07-2020, 05:31 AM
I have winter boots from them and going on season 3 and they basically still look in perfect shape. They are winter shoes so overbuild but been very happy with them. Seriously think I might have them for the rest of my life lol

cuda
08-07-2020, 06:34 AM
I have these:
https://www.rosebikes.com/northwave-extreme-gt-2-road-shoes-2683400

They are an awesome shoe. Stiff carbon sole. BOA have a sweet micro-adjust (tighten and loosen) ratchet system that I really like. It's especially nice on hot day long rides. My feet swell a little after about 3 hours I like being able to reach down loosen up the tension with a couple of clicks.

As for fit I find them a bit narrower than Sidi but not as snug as Fizik. No Giro experiences. They also run about a 1/2 to a full size small.

Greatestalltime
08-07-2020, 06:55 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200807/1bfc20dd587e4820fca8492b57f6e9fb.jpg
I’m looking Northwave also. There’s several comparison charts. Some with slightly findings.

I’m going with NW run about a size bigger than Sidi and Shimano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merckxman
08-07-2020, 07:39 AM
All I can think of is Cipollini carrying the young lady.

Hilltopperny
08-07-2020, 08:24 AM
I have used their higher end offerings in years past and they were of good quality. Made in Italy back then and I assume they still are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk