PDA

View Full Version : OT - Does anyone know a sculptor (Los Angeles)

onsight512
08-04-2020, 05:37 PM
I'm looking for someone that takes commissions and will do a 'small job'.

Louis
08-04-2020, 05:55 PM
Etsy allows you to specify a custom location in a search, and you can search for specific items, like "sculpture." If anything catches your eye you could send a message to the seller, who may or may not be the artist. They may also specify that they can do custom stuff too.

onsight512
08-04-2020, 06:01 PM
Etsy allows you to specify a custom location in a search, and you can search for specific items, like "sculpture." If anything catches your eye you could send a message to the seller, who may or may not be the artist. They may also specify that they can do custom stuff too.

Thanks Louis.

Hilltopperny
08-04-2020, 06:46 PM
Sister in law is a sculptor, but lives here in NY. One of her pieces is at Hartwick College in Oneonta NY where she went to school. She is now doing custom and non custom jewelry, but may be worth giving her a shout! xannefran.com is her website!

bigbill
08-04-2020, 06:57 PM
Girlfriend is an artist, does sculpture, copper relief, and painting. Teaches art history at Community College here in Kingman, AZ. About 6 hours from LA. Always has some commission work in progress.

Mike V
08-04-2020, 07:35 PM
My Aunt is. She is retired and probably use some extra cash. What are you wanting sculpted?

verticaldoug
08-04-2020, 07:37 PM
If it involves metal work, you may just want to search for an art foundry and speak to them. The people that work there tend to be talented artists in their own right who can caste and repair just about anything.

onsight512
08-04-2020, 07:56 PM
My Aunt is. She is retired and probably use some extra cash. What are you wanting sculpted?

Hi Mike. It's an old Datsun convertible (custom) that a friend built. I'd like a 'model' of it that he could put in his office.

Is your Aunt in Los Angeles?

onsight512
08-04-2020, 08:09 PM
And I appreciate all of the contacts/suggestions thus far. I'm going to start with trying to find someone local to me, but will go further afield if need be.

Louis
08-04-2020, 08:18 PM
Hi Mike. It's an old Datsun convertible (custom) that a friend built. I'd like a 'model' of it that he could put in his office.

I didn't check to see how many of these are in the LA area, but I bet some are in CA:

https://www.etsy.com/market/custom_model_car

Mike V
08-04-2020, 09:09 PM

I'll talk to her and see if she is interested. She is in Irvine.