PDA

View Full Version : Largest functional messenger bag?

thegunner
08-02-2020, 04:11 PM
just out of curiosity as I'll be moving stuff between apartments via bike (no I don't own a bike that supports panniers or racks), what's the largest functional messenger bag suggestion I can get away with?

I mostly want to transport my liquor collection... I don't trust a moving company with that ha.

charliedid
08-02-2020, 04:39 PM
Trash Bags - Superfund https://trashmessengerbags.com/#/products/superfund

Backpacks are ridiculous.

pdmtong
08-02-2020, 04:46 PM
I delivered three bottles of eagle rare 10 using my Rapha pack and that was enough weight for my tastes. Don’t overstuff whatever you use !

mktng
08-02-2020, 04:48 PM
For the money. Just buy a cetma 5 rail. I just have bad memories of my wife carrying a bottle of wine in her bag and getting into a car vs bike accident.

My $0.02

jtakeda
08-02-2020, 05:10 PM
The reload courier size is pretty big.

Thats what I used for work before switching back to the zo

jtakeda
08-02-2020, 05:10 PM
For the money. Just buy a cetma 5 rail. I just have bad memories of my wife carrying a bottle of wine in her bag and getting into a car vs bike accident.

My $0.02

I would not recommend you go this route if youre planning a move any time in the next year

thegunner
08-02-2020, 05:16 PM
I would not recommend you go this route if youre planning a move any time in the next year

the 6 weeks delivery estimate is... optimistic? I think I'll likely look into one of the options above anyway.

jtakeda
08-02-2020, 05:23 PM
the 6 weeks delivery estimate is... optimistic? I think I'll likely look into one of the options above anyway.

I’ve heard of people who never got their rack

If you want I can send some pics of my courier size reload

If you’re going backpack the trash bags bag is probably the best available bag. I’m privy to freight but they’re unobtanium now

If you were local I’d just let you borrow my surly ted trailer and you could knock it out in 1 run

chrismoustache
08-02-2020, 05:28 PM
I used one of the really big chrome bags for years, as well as a number of big bags by reload and Bailey. A while back I picked up a large Bailey Citi pack, and it is cavernous! It seems significantly bigger than the courier style bags I've had. It's bigger than I was expecting, and it's winding up sitting more than being used.

rohan
08-02-2020, 07:27 PM
I think you should rent a car or a van for your liquor collection, but I used a Baileyworks Super Pro in XL as my trunk for a while—it is supposed to hold 99 beer cans and the XXL 137!

https://www.baileyworks.com/shop/super-pro---sizes.html