PDA

View Full Version : Do you know what kind of rig is this?

Russ
05-18-2004, 12:59 AM
I was reading the current issue of RIDE mag (from Australia). In this issue, they have an article with the training camp of the Saeco team in Terracina, Italy.

In the areticle, the author metions several times that the team mechanic use a "jig" to measure each rider's bike parts positions, such as saddle height, saddle tilt, stem height, etc. However, the writer fails to give further information on this jig.

Does anybody know who makes this jig? Are they available in the USA?

Bill Bove
05-18-2004, 05:14 AM
It looks like a tool I made for myself a few years a go that looks a lot like the Serotta XYZ tool over on the the home page. It (mine) scews into the crank and has a slider to measure seat hight/set back and distance to bars. I use it set up my bikes in identicle posistions. It does not take into account the frames angles though, so even though my position is the same on the bike, the bikes position underneath me does vary.

dgauthier
05-18-2004, 01:52 PM
If memory serves, a jig very similar to the one pictured is available here: http://www.bicyclefit.com.

Unfortunately, their site seems to be undergoing revision at the moment. I seem to remember the jig could be ordered for about $120 bucks, and was specifically designed to assist in recording and matching bike setups.

When their site is back up, we'll see if my memory was any good.