PDA

View Full Version : Cycliq MIA / unresponsive?

Pastashop
07-30-2020, 02:12 PM
So, a little while ago Cycliq advertised their new versions of cameras, and like a paranoid fool I ordered both the front and rear, plus a card. Time passed, on June 10 they sent me a note that a shipment notification was imminent, but neither the notification nor shipment ever came. Meanwhile, I get their paranoid frenzy-feeding, "the horror! the horror!" advertising SPAM. I contacted them twice (email and web form) for more information, but got no response.

I understand that COVID has disrupted many operations, and I hope they've not gone under. Anyone know if the company is still doing business? Any particularly effective way to get in touch with them?

eddief
07-30-2020, 02:17 PM
that's all i know.

73Bronco
07-30-2020, 03:41 PM
I've had their rear facing camera for a long time and been happy with it. That being said, their reputation for customer service is pretty bad. Hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

redir
07-30-2020, 03:49 PM
Yeash I have been wanting a front and rear facing camera for a long time now but keep avoiding them becasue of all the problems you hear. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

djg21
07-30-2020, 03:56 PM
I've had their rear facing camera for a long time and been happy with it. That being said, their reputation for customer service is pretty bad. Hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cycliq is still around. The cameras are manufactured in and shipped from China. At least mine were. Shipping anything from China (except maybe unsolicited packages of seeds) takes a long time.

There is a Cycliq User Group on Facebook where Cyclic representatives regularly are taken to task for Cycliq’s ****ty customer service and do their best to plug their fingers into the leaks. Ben Hammond, Cycliq’s CMO, also is, or was, active on the DC Rainmaker comment board trying to stave off the angry masses. https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/cycliq-fly6ce-fly12ce-first-look.html.

Hope that your cameras work for a while and you don’t need support.

Pastashop
07-31-2020, 03:16 PM
Cycliq is still around. The cameras are manufactured in and shipped from China. At least mine were. Shipping anything from China (except maybe unsolicited packages of seeds) takes a long time.

There is a Cycliq User Group on Facebook where Cyclic representatives regularly are taken to task for Cycliq’s ****ty customer service and do their best to plug their fingers into the leaks. Ben Hammond, Cycliq’s CMO, also is, or was, active on the DC Rainmaker comment board trying to stave off the angry masses. https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/cycliq-fly6ce-fly12ce-first-look.html.

Hope that your cameras work for a while and you don’t need support.

Thanks for the link. Just visited that review and the 700+ comments... I should have done my homework on the company –– it seems like they're in hot pursuit of sales (driven by real and manufactured fear), at the expense of supporting existing customers. That's got to backfire at some point...

unterhausen
07-31-2020, 03:31 PM
I think their products are interesting, and I would like to have cameras. But the number of people that have problems and get no resolution has scared me off. They really need to figure out how to replace defective cameras without so much hassle.

Even the social media people have started telling people to pound sand, i.e., go through normal unresponsive channels.

djg21
07-31-2020, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the link. Just visited that review and the 700+ comments... I should have done my homework on the company –– it seems like they're in hot pursuit of sales (driven by real and manufactured fear), at the expense of supporting existing customers. That's got to backfire at some point...

I’ve had to have each of the two Fly6 cameras replaced under warranty. It took an excessively long time and communication with Cycliq was difficult to say the least. I used the Fly12CE and Fly6CE now. They work, but expect some frustration when things don’t for whatever reason, and don’t expect much assistance from Cycliq. The user group and the DC Rainmaker are a good sources of community support. My sense is that the company tried to position itself to be purchased by Garmin or another big player, and that just hasn’t worked out. I think it has patents protecting the combined camera/light, or Garmin probably would have a Varia unit with a video recorder on the market by now. If anyone is thinking about purchasing, buy through Amazon so you can return it when it goes south. Apart from the two that I had replaced under warranty, I also purchase a third from Amazon that was DOA. I didn’t bother with Cycliq support and just returned the thing to Amazon no questions asked.

pobrien
08-01-2020, 09:03 AM
Hi all,

I bought both the Fly 6 and Fly 12 from the company about two years ago or a bit longer. The Fly 12 is still working well. The Fly 6 failed last autumn.

I tried everything. The company support was .... not there, at all.

I bought a Go pro 8 and mounted it under the seat rails using the Go Pro mount system. The Go Pro is first class. To date, the Fly 12 has been first class too.

Would not recommend the Fly 6, at all.

Patrick