PDA

View Full Version : sr12 upgrade

Basso69
07-28-2020, 03:07 PM
Has anyone tried changing their super record rear derailleur 12 speed from medium to long cage using the chorus inner plate. rd-ch1203 to take a 34 cassette

Dave
07-28-2020, 03:49 PM
Another option is to buy the longer cage that's now available for the SR RD.

Basso69
07-28-2020, 04:26 PM
I understand that the long cage SR is made up with the chorus inner plate.

cinema
07-28-2020, 04:27 PM
interesting. i remember reading on the campy site that the der. had only one size. from campagnolo website: "The rocker arm was optimised to interface with sprockets that have from 11 to 34 teeth, thus requiring only one version for all of the sprocket packs available. " you can find this on their website under their 12s super record rear derailleur page.

i can't find a sr derailleur that has optional md/long cage??

thirdgenbird
07-28-2020, 04:51 PM
interesting. i remember reading on the campy site that the der. had only one size. from campagnolo website: "The rocker arm was optimised to interface with sprockets that have from 11 to 34 teeth, thus requiring only one version for all of the sprocket packs available. " you can find this on their website under their 12s super record rear derailleur page.

i can't find a sr derailleur that has optional md/long cage??

If I recall, 12spd record and super record were released with a cage that only went to 32t. When chorus 12 came out with a 34t, Campag updated record and SR to the same length cage.

I understand that the long cage SR is made up with the chorus inner plate.

The parts books are on the Campagnolo website. super record has a carbon cage while record and chorus are alloy. I thought record and chorus shared an outer plate but had a different inner.

I can’t open it on my current connection, but here it is:
https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/035_2437_Catalogue_spare%20parts_tools_Campagnolo_ 2020_part_A_Rev02.pdf