PDA

View Full Version : Moving Day

saab2000
01-31-2007, 06:04 AM
I am moving to Alexandria, VA today. We'll see how that goes.

It is not out of the question that I could end up back here in VA Beach depending on some things in my company, so I have to keep a positive attitude. Slowly I did develop a few aquaintances on the daily ride when I could go and even got to like part of the area here. And there is one real, mega looker who is a regular on the rides!!! :banana: Too bad she is wearing the big rock on her finger. :crap:

The next adventure begins and I hope I can ride with the locals up there a lot! I am looking forward to getting back into better shape again!

Hayne's Point noon ride, here I come!!

merckx
01-31-2007, 06:46 AM
Best of luck. A bicycle always opens up new horizons.

djg
01-31-2007, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the area SAAB.

flydhest
01-31-2007, 06:59 AM
saab,
Welcome. Make sure the locals have contact info so we can coordinate for rides and such.

rwsaunders
01-31-2007, 07:18 AM
Too Tall, would you please take care of this boy?

catulle
01-31-2007, 07:29 AM
Too Tall, would you please take care of this boy?

I think he's already got a wheel to follow. All the best, Saab... (Just be careful and keep your fingers on the brake levers)

Too Tall
01-31-2007, 08:26 AM
That's a "4" :)
Welcome to DC SAAB2K :)
I've already found you a regular wed. morning endurance ride. Call for details.

saab2000
02-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Moving really sucks.

Two complete days, but at least I did it myself. But hauling that matress around by myself is no fun. Next time it will be to a more permanent place I think.

Since I left Europe in November of 2003 I have moved about 5 times.

Lifelover
02-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Moving really sucks.

Two complete days, but at least I did it myself. But hauling that matress around by myself is no fun. Next time it will be to a more permanent place I think.

Since I left Europe in November of 2003 I have moved about 5 times.

If and When you come back to Va Beach let me know and I'll try to help with the unload!

zap
02-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Saab, during the week I leave work whenever I wish for as long as I want. I can show you all the cool, fairly close in country roads. None of this multi-use trail stuff.

saab2000
02-02-2007, 04:31 PM
As soon as I can start to do real rides I will for sure be making that fact known on this board! I have already had excellent guidance from Too Tall and Znfndl and hope to meet more of you.

BTW, I was welcomed to the area last night sometime between 9PM and 4 AM by someone who decided that my new car would be a good place to drag his key.

My car now has a 4-foot scratch along the side. Nice. :crap:

gt6267a
02-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some ****er did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: ****ing keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's ****ed up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some ****less piece of **** ****ed with it.
Lance: They should be ****ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that ******* doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a ****er!
Vincent: What's more chicken**** than ****ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.