PDA

View Full Version : Tour Talk: "The craziest 48 hours of Egan Bernal’s life"

AngryScientist
07-28-2020, 06:56 AM
This is a good article on cycling tips today.

I had almost forgotten all the craziness that surrounded the tour last year.

i'm ready to put all this covid crap in the rear view and get back to racing. even though i dont really follow pro racing closely, July just doesnt feel the same without some threads here about what's what. who's on rim brakes, who caught the break, etc.

anyway, good tuesday distraction read on a bizzarre July day:

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/07/the-craziest-48-hours-of-egan-bernals-life/

https://cdn-cyclingtips.pressidium.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/CORVOS_00031306-141.jpg

AngryScientist
07-28-2020, 06:57 AM
^^^^^

by the way, rim brakes - check. too bad about the fishing reel components though!

gibbo
07-28-2020, 07:14 AM
^^^^^

by the way, rim brakes - check. too bad about the fishing reel components though!

Just be thankful it’s not SCRAM.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngryScientist
07-28-2020, 07:41 AM
those guys sure do look genuinely happy dont they. awesome.

redir
07-28-2020, 08:21 AM
The kid is good. It's sad that he misses out on another chance this year unless of course they pull it off. But man, what a potential future this kid has. He makes his nation proud too.

tv_vt
07-28-2020, 08:34 AM
Good article. Didn't know Bernal's girlfriend was on the scene at the Tour last year.

And now it appears they're no longer together.

AngryScientist
07-28-2020, 09:16 AM
The kid is good. It's sad that he misses out on another chance this year unless of course they pull it off. But man, what a potential future this kid has. He makes his nation proud too.

yes, looking forward to seeing him next year. there's virtually no way they will make it happen in a meaningful way this year.

Dr Luxurious
07-28-2020, 09:59 AM
That's awesome!

I still can't wrap my head around that the scrawny kid I rode with after the TOC won the TdF.
I really hope the covid ****e doesn't mess up his future.

AngryScientist
07-28-2020, 10:04 AM
That's awesome!

I still can't wrap my head around that the scrawny kid I rode with after the TOC won the TdF.
I really hope the covid ****e doesn't mess up his future.

that's really awesome. so you got to ride with him?

i dont think the 'rona is going to mess him up, he's young, and a year of little/no real pro racing should just be a level disadvantage, except for the older guys who are at the end of their career.

but who knows i guess.

Dr Luxurious
07-28-2020, 10:16 AM
Yeah, got to ride with the whole Sky team. It was pretty cool. The whole organization was great; treated us like we were part of the squad.
We rolled into a Peet's Coffee and they cleaned out the pastry case.