PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lining Dept.

NHAero
07-25-2020, 05:36 PM
My mileage goal for 2020 was 10 miles/day average, or 3,660 miles. I've been riding an estimated 2,500-3,000 miles/year, but having obtained a Wahoo Elemnt (thanks Paceline) towards the end of last year, I have been able to track all my riding this year (never tracked commuting, errands, MTB rides).

The pandemic and WFH means that I can ride when it's nice out and work when it's not, so I've had more freedom to ride than ever before. Today I hit 3,662 miles for 2020. Average daily ride is modest, just over 21 miles. Max has been 101 miles. Miles are spread out over nine bikes, but the majority (over 3,100) has been on the Firefly, Casati, Anderson, and Pivot MTB.

Weather and health permitting I can see reaching 5,000 miles.

Even though I am emphatically not training, I'd estimate that my average speed is up 1 - 1-1/2 mph. Still slow, but improving :)

Tickdoc
07-25-2020, 06:23 PM
Jelly. My first of covid quarantine in March was the best March ever. Now that I’m back to work full force my miles are down...speed down, endurance down. I was off to such a great start, and now I am officially old, fat, and slow.

NHAero
07-26-2020, 11:31 AM
I'm likely to be WFH through the end of the year. At almost 67, with an envisioned three more years working, I wonder if I will go back, period. This approach is certainly better for my riding :)

Jelly. My first of covid quarantine in March was the best March ever. Now that I’m back to work full force my miles are down...speed down, endurance down. I was off to such a great start, and now I am officially old, fat, and slow.

Spaghetti Legs
07-26-2020, 04:16 PM
That’s some riding! My goal is to surpass the 3300 miles I did last year. I work odd and irregular hours, not really changed during pandemic. What has changed is the distraction of doing other things besides working and riding. On the flip side I haven’t done any organized rides (Eroica for example) where I get my big chunks of miles, so I’m riding more often but totals are up only slightly so far this year. The ever hotter and more humid summers eat into the longer rides for me as well.

godfrey1112000
07-26-2020, 04:37 PM
My mileage goal for 2020 was 10 miles/day average, or 3,660 miles. I've been riding an estimated 2,500-3,000 miles/year, but having obtained a Wahoo Elemnt (thanks Paceline) towards the end of last year, I have been able to track all my riding this year (never tracked commuting, errands, MTB rides).

The pandemic and WFH means that I can ride when it's nice out and work when it's not, so I've had more freedom to ride than ever before. Today I hit 3,662 miles for 2020. Average daily ride is modest, just over 21 miles. Max has been 101 miles. Miles are spread out over nine bikes, but the majority (over 3,100) has been on the Firefly, Casati, Anderson, and Pivot MTB.

Weather and health permitting I can see reaching 5,000 miles.

Even though I am emphatically not training, I'd estimate that my average speed is up 1 - 1-1/2 mph. Still slow, but improving :)

Hopefully your having fun on MVY

NHAero
07-26-2020, 04:45 PM
I am, and sorry you're not here. I wouldn't slow you down quite as much as I did last time :)Hopefully your having fun on MVY