PDA

View Full Version : new dt qr's.

swoop
01-30-2007, 02:34 PM
what's the word on these? anybody tried em.... do they solve a problem or work beter than the cam normal qr's?

yes/no?

cadence90
01-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Like SpinStix.
Not so great on hooded dropouts and not really any better than standard cams, imho.

swoop
01-30-2007, 02:42 PM
hooded.. like breezer drop outs because you have to spin them down to tighten and you fight the drop out for clearance?

that makes sense-ish.

brendan..you around(?)... have you used em?

cadence90
01-30-2007, 02:44 PM
hooded.. like breezer drop outs because you have to spin them down to tighten and you fight the drop out for clearance?

that makes sense-ish.

brendan..you around(?)... have you used em?
Exactly.
"Hooded"; "Breezer"; "Wright"....

Brendan Quirk
01-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Our folks here who stay on top of MTB trends are pretty fired up about them (the MTB version, that is). DT claims the new design allows added clamping force, which in theory would be nice for disc brake front hubs. And they dig the idea (in concept) of positioning the lever wherever you want without having to tighten and untighten the skewer nut once & again.

Personally, I dunno. Looks like a wonderful & elegantly executed cure to a very-low priority problem (which is the difficulty in orienting the skewer lever I guess).

All I know is that they don't seem to be available yet from anywhere. Maybe they're on the same DT Swiss container as the 190 Ceramic hubs we've been awaiting(!)

If the world wants to cure my #1 skewer beef, I'd suggest creak-proofing them. It's amazing how something so small can generate such a loud creak/tick/pop in a bike. It's awfully impressive how a drip or 2 of Tri Flow on threads & moving parts of a skewer silences creaking bikes a lot more often than one would expect.

Swoop, if you try them pls let us know yr experience.

swoop
01-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I like DT..they make an amazing hub.... and if i mountain biked I'd try them for sure! I can see the disc brake thing as an issue that merits some extra clamp force.

btw... good going on the demo program...

SoCalSteve
01-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Our folks here who stay on top of MTB trends are pretty fired up about them (the MTB version, that is). DT claims the new design allows added clamping force, which in theory would be nice for disc brake front hubs. And they dig the idea (in concept) of positioning the lever wherever you want without having to tighten and untighten the skewer nut once & again.

Personally, I dunno. Looks like a wonderful & elegantly executed cure to a very-low priority problem (which is the difficulty in orienting the skewer lever I guess).

All I know is that they don't seem to be available yet from anywhere. Maybe they're on the same DT Swiss container as the 190 Ceramic hubs we've been awaiting(!)

If the world wants to cure my #1 skewer beef, I'd suggest creak-proofing them. It's amazing how something so small can generate such a loud creak/tick/pop in a bike. It's awfully impressive how a drip or 2 of Tri Flow on threads & moving parts of a skewer silences creaking bikes a lot more often than one would expect.

Swoop, if you try them pls let us know yr experience.

Brendan,

Thanks for chiming in! Your words of wisdom are always appreciated here!

Please continue to post with us.

Steve

Too Tall
01-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Don't get me started!!!I just finished filing off lawyer tabs on a bike...and the rear drop outs require you to position the lever "just so"...ahhhhhh ;)

Simon Q
01-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Brendan,

Thanks for chiming in! Your words of wisdom are always appreciated here!

Please continue to post with us.

Steve

Ditto that one. Love the surname also...