PDA

View Full Version : more bar stuff: K-FORCE COMPACT CARBON HANDLEBAR

eddief
07-19-2020, 03:18 PM
according to the marketing copy these bars now come with internal cable routing, but nowhere on the earthly internet can i find a photo of what the routing holes look like. anyone tried this version of the bar yet? or maybe better at google than me (doubt it) and can link a photo?

https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/handlebars/road/k-force-compact-carbon-handlebar

stev0
07-19-2020, 04:56 PM
hmm.. I've got a set of these on a bike and don't recall any holes for cable routing.. don't have the bike with me to confirm, but I'm 90% certain, though mine may be an older version. graphics are the same as the one linked.

eddief
07-19-2020, 06:03 PM
an error. will call FSA tomorrow.

hmm.. I've got a set of these on a bike and don't recall any holes for cable routing.. don't have the bike with me to confirm, but I'm 90% certain, though mine may be an older version. graphics are the same as the one linked.

Velocipede
07-19-2020, 06:18 PM
The K-Force Compact does not have holes in the bar for routing the housing internally. It's a typo.

eddief
07-19-2020, 07:13 PM
New update: Now compatible with FSA Aerodynamic integrated Cable Routing (ACR) and Semi-integrated Cable Routing systems.

New internal cable routing options for Di2 improves stiffness and fatigue life while allowing for cleaner cable routing.

The K-Force Compact does not have holes in the bar for routing the housing internally. It's a typo.

Velocipede
07-19-2020, 08:02 PM
New update: Now compatible with FSA Aerodynamic integrated Cable Routing (ACR) and Semi-integrated Cable Routing systems.

New internal cable routing options for Di2 improves stiffness and fatigue life while allowing for cleaner cable routing.

This is from the FSA B2B internal page.

K Force Compact
diameter 31.8mm x W420 mm(c-c)
125mm drop, 80mm reach
4 degrees outward bend
Weight: 210g (400mm)

Continuous UD carbon/kevlar composite construction
Wide 110mm center section for clip-ons and accessories
Reinforced and textured clamping areas
UD carbon finish

Unless they've changed the bar in the last couple months and not updated the internal info, I think they goofed and copy and pasted info to the wrong page. I bought one of these for a customer 2 months ago and it has external housing routing. I can ask my inside guys tomorrow.

eddief
07-19-2020, 08:21 PM
who cares about running the cables into the headset (bb90 me to death), but if those bars have an outlet before the cabling gets to the stem then that's what i want.

https://bikerumor.com/2019/08/29/fsa-cockpit-integration-expands-on-off-road-plus-more-kfx-for-mountain-bikes/

Velocipede
07-20-2020, 11:48 AM
Ok. Spoke to my guy at FSA. YES, the new K-Force Compact Carbon handlebar has drilling for internal routing. They are working on the website and my internal site. It's only 4 people doing the updates so it's taking time. But yes the verbiage on the website IS CORRECT! The bar is available now. Let me know if you have any other questions.