PDA

View Full Version : FS: Ti-Cycles All-Rounder

jbay
01-29-2007, 11:02 PM
I have a most delightful frame and fork for sale, made by one of the best American framebuilders that most of you will probably not know - Mark Bulgier. Over the years, he built for Santana, Rodriguez, Davidson, Ti-Cycles and match. He is also the keeper of a wonderful website at:

http://www.bulgier.net/pics/bike/

The frame that you see before you is a TIG-welded blend of Tange Prestige (28.6mm downtube), Columbus EL-OS (28.6mm top tube), ovalised Tange seattube and Columbus fork blades. It has many neat features, such as a Bontrager-style downtube gusset, recessed rack and fender fittings and a Columbine Quickchanger chain-hanger. After you've used one of these chain-hangers, you'll wonder how you ever survived without one before!

One of its chief design goals was ample tyre clearance. To this end, a 700x38 tyre (measured width) will fit in the rear with fender clearance, while the fork will take a 700x35 and fender. The photos show the bike fitted with Avocet Duro Plus tyres, which measure 32mm wide. It also has the best fitting seattube I have ever had the pleasure to fit a seatpost into.

The requisite measurements are:

Seat tube : 57.5cm (centre-top)
60 cm (effective)
Top tube : 57.5cm
Seat tube angle : 72 degrees
Head tube angle: 73 degrees
Fork offset : 4cm
Bottom bracket drop: 7cm
Chainstays : 43cm

1" steerer
27.2mm seatpost

It is an absolute delight to ride and the only reason I'm selling it is that a Rohloff equipped machine has taken its stead.

In the interests of full disclosure, I should mention that, in an argument between a branch and the gear hanger, the branch won. However, the gear hanger has been realigned and it shifts flawlessly. Also, the paint is rather soft and features many chips, despite an emphasis on the "use" part of "abuse".

If you have read this far and are willing to part with $500 for this frame and fork, please send me a PM and we can discuss the details.

Thanks for reading,
John