PDA

View Full Version : Covid-19 ?

cnighbor1
07-18-2020, 01:56 PM
COVID-19 ? I went out for a solo spin today and I saw a lot of cyclists riding in groups no masks. Has I wear one when near humans cycling and walking what do you see how cycling for group riders
Just curious
Thanks
Charles

colker
07-18-2020, 02:11 PM
I wear a mask everywhere except home where/when i am alone. I take it seriously.

bicycletricycle
07-18-2020, 02:14 PM
no good reason to wear a mask while riding, IMHO

tuscanyswe
07-18-2020, 02:16 PM
I wish my mechanic wore a mask when wrenching .)

He got me and ive been down since. Going on the 6th week.

Matthew
07-18-2020, 02:22 PM
Impossible to wear one while riding. Can't breath well enough. Out in public I wear one otherwise. It's mandated here in Michigan so I have to anyway. Wear it at work too.

Mark McM
no good reason to wear a mask while riding, IMHO

That's likely true when riding alone, even when one might briefly cross paths with others. But what about cycling in a tight pack? And further, when riding closely to others who are breathing hard, and might even be blowing spittle and snot rockets?

Blue Jays
I lately wear a mask while riding except while on steep climbs.
Group rides in the past half-year can be counted on one hand.

Wattvagen
07-18-2020, 02:24 PM
No mask when out riding. these days i'm riding solo or with small groups of friends, no big group rides or with strangers or people i dont know.

many_styles
07-18-2020, 02:44 PM
Initially (a few months ago) I wore a mask and it was hard to breath. Now I’ve come to the conclusion: speed of riding, being outdoors and wind, it would be highly unlikely for me the get the virus in these conditions.

I still have a mask in my jersey pocket just in case; getting coffee, mechanical and a friend has to help, or stopped with a small group of friends.

I don’t do group rides either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdeth1313
07-18-2020, 02:46 PM
Really, we're doing this again?

many_styles
07-18-2020, 02:48 PM
That's likely true when riding alone, even when one might briefly cross paths with others. But what about cycling in a tight pack? And further, when riding closely to others who are breathing hard, and might even be blowing spittle and snot rockets?

Just don’t put yourself in that situation; I don’t ride with large groups or anyone I don’t know.

Heavy breathing: I think giving some room helps, but you have the speed of riding, being outdoors and wind to factor. As for people blowing spit and snots, I would kindly ask that people doing that to change their habits/behaviors.

kramnnim
07-18-2020, 02:51 PM
Rode with a group today for the first time in 6 months. Felt other people's sweat (at least I hope it was sweat) splatter on my face and arms multiple times. Not a great feeling.

colker
07-18-2020, 02:52 PM
Really, we're doing this again?

What? Talking about a pandemia that´s killing hundreds of thousands of people? Feel free to avoid it but not to stop others from engaging.

colker
07-18-2020, 02:54 PM
Just don’t put yourself in that situation; I don’t ride with large groups or anyone I don’t know.

Heavy breathing: I think giving some room helps, but you have the speed of riding, being outdoors and wind to factor. As for people blowing spit and snots, I would kindly ask that people doing that to change their habits/behaviors.

Here everyone will look at you wrong if not wearing a mask so i went along and now i am used to riding w/ it.

XXtwindad
07-18-2020, 02:54 PM
These threads never end well. It always ends in name-calling and recrimination, and, occasionally, a “time-out.” I would ask the OP if he considers his query to be neutral. It really doesn’t read like that.

many_styles
07-18-2020, 02:57 PM
Here everyone will look at you wrong if not wearing a mask so i went along and now i am used to riding w/ it.

I see.

I’m willing to try another material. The mask I’m using are made of a thick chambray. A friend of mine had some old fleece pull over that he says is more breathable.

XXtwindad
07-18-2020, 03:01 PM

There is also a sizable contingent here who swear by disc brakes :)

colker
07-18-2020, 03:18 PM
There is also a sizable contingent here who swear by disc brakes :)

Yeah... it´s all political statements. We are always either for or against something. Function be dammed.. we want statements.

colker
07-18-2020, 03:20 PM
These threads never end well. It always ends in name-calling and recrimination, and, occasionally, a “time-out.” I would ask the OP if he considers his query to be neutral. It really doesn’t read like that.

Everybody is talking about it. You catch it while breathing. It´s the year of pandemia.. but we can´t talk about it? Weird.

gasman
07-18-2020, 03:25 PM
Not going here, it has always devolved into name calling and heated tempers. It's important, it's relevant but the threads have not stayed civil and have become political.

Wish it was otherwise. Lots of other place on the net to discuss it.

Thanks