PDA

View Full Version : The Deeter Tradition Rolls On.....EXPANDED!

trophyoftexas
01-29-2007, 06:26 PM
After finding out that Lou rode his red, white, and blue Atlanta ONLY on Federal Holidays, I thought it would be neat as the new owner to continue this unique tradition of his! Well, NOT enough Federal Holidays on the calendar so I've decided to expand the tradition by riding in honor or memory of each of our past Presidents!.....even if I didn't like or vote for the guy, honoring the office, not necessarily the man. Rode today in memory of William McKinley and will ride on Tuesday to honor FDR's memory. I think it sucks that we celebrate a single Presidents Day to cover all of them....something wrong with our Congress when they want George Washington to share a day with Millard Fillmore and James Buchanan while other Americans are honored with a day all of their own! Not saying those so honored aren't deserving of the recognition but, for Pete's sake, our FIRST President having to SHARE a day, well, as a Patriotic American that embarrasses me.....anyway, it's sort of neat to tell people why you are riding this cool Atlanta in the 35 degree heat, adds to the mystique of my image as the "nut in tights on the bike in the middle of winter!" Hell, around here I'd better be prepared to ride for Jefferson Davis, too!...."Bubba" thinks he was the greatest of all Presidents!
Oh, and NO LOU DIDN'T LET ME BUY THE SHOES!!!!!

trophyoftexas
01-30-2007, 10:51 AM
...to honor the memory of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, our longest serving President. Today's ride in Sulphur Springs will have a little nicer weather than yesterday's William McKinley ride, high today should get close to 50! With rain in the forecast for the remainder of the week this may be the last ride I get in for January, but with FOUR Presidential Birthdays in February I should have a pretty good idea as to how this bike rides with the F1 fork Lou had on it....speaking of which, I've also have the original steel fork and wondered what the general opinion was out there with those that have ridden an Atlanta and used BOTH forks, what do you think "Atlantics?" From a "looks" stand point I'd probably prefer the steel fork, even though the F1 looks really clean.

J.Greene
01-30-2007, 11:27 AM
who is lou deeter?

JG

...to honor the memory of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, our longest serving President. Today's ride in Sulphur Springs will have a little nicer weather than yesterday's William McKinley ride, high today should get close to 50! With rain in the forecast for the remainder of the week this may be the last ride I get in for January, but with FOUR Presidential Birthdays in February I should have a pretty good idea as to how this bike rides with the F1 fork Lou had on it....speaking of which, I've also have the original steel fork and wondered what the general opinion was out there with those that have ridden an Atlanta and used BOTH forks, what do you think "Atlantics?" From a "looks" stand point I'd probably prefer the steel fork, even though the F1 looks really clean.

NateM
01-30-2007, 11:32 AM
The steel fork on my Atlanta was a tad on the harsh side,in other words not quite as nice as the CSI forks.I put an F1 on and it smoothed out the vertical harshness that the steel fork had.You can run a larger tire with the steel fork if that matters,keep both.

fiamme red
01-30-2007, 11:32 AM
who is lou deeter?

JGHe's famous.

J.Greene
01-30-2007, 11:52 AM
He's famous.

for what? Has he run for president?

JG

trophyoftexas
01-30-2007, 11:58 AM
.....but he should! ;)

J.Greene
01-30-2007, 12:02 PM
.....but he should! ;)

he's probably a card carrying member of the aclu, pita, nambla etc.....

JG

Archibald
01-30-2007, 12:05 PM
he's probably a card carrying member of the aclu, pita, nambla etc.....

JG
I don't know about any of that, but he is a card carrying member of the CR list and I believe eRichie often kisses his feet.

J.Greene
01-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't know about any of that, but he is a card carrying member of the CR list and I believe eRichie often kisses his feet.

so we said the same thing :beer:

cpg
01-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Lou's a great guy. In that sort of soft spoken, unassuming manner. Tom Byrnes like. Lou lives down your way JG. He has a nice collection of old stuff but likes new stuff too.

Curt

atmo
01-30-2007, 12:32 PM
me lou and jon trade emails hourly atmo.
orlando rules atmo.

fiamme red
01-30-2007, 12:36 PM
orlando rules atmo. Just watch out for Tigger.

trophyoftexas
01-30-2007, 01:02 PM
As mentioned I DIDN'T GET THE SHOES! Think you can help me!!?? :rolleyes: .....uh, don't try too hard, they looked pretty good on Lou and I'm having enough trouble living down the tights here in East Texas without spicing up my kit with those babies!

me lou and jon trade emails hourly atmo.
orlando rules atmo.

sspielman
01-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Wasn't he a pro wrestling manager?....Oh, that was Lou Albano.....

davids
01-30-2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.classicrendezvous.com/images/Events/Cirque/2003/03_BS_award_2.jpg

atmo
01-30-2007, 02:28 PM
http://www.classicrendezvous.com/images/Events/Cirque/2003/03_BS_award_2.jpg
that's lewd eater atmo...