PDA

View Full Version : Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork front brake recessed nut

Moneywatch
07-15-2020, 09:32 AM
Hi, all. I am stumped. The recessed front brake bolt seems to be too big to it in the Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork. I thought these bolts are a standard diameter in size.

Has anyone found a solution but grinding the recessed bolt?

Wattvagen
07-15-2020, 09:34 AM
those forks require a special smaller diameter recessed nut

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/401870274230_/TITANIUM-Reynolds-Serotta-F3-Carbon-Fork-Brake.jpg

djg21
07-15-2020, 09:35 AM
Hi, all. I am stumped. The recessed front brake bolt seems to be too big to it in the Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork. I thought these bolts are a standard diameter in size.

They are proprietary. You may be able to purchase one on line. http://www.bikeroar.com/products/reynolds/ouzo-pro-ul-proprietary-brake-nut-2012

redir
07-15-2020, 09:35 AM
I do seem to remember that problem too when I had one of those. I think I just reamed the fork, it was only very slightly off. Is the fork NOS? Or did it have a bolt in it at one time?

Moneywatch
07-15-2020, 09:45 AM
I have one NOS and one on a 2004 Spectrum Ti.

Dino Suegiù
07-15-2020, 11:06 AM

Yes, the proprietary Reynolds/Serotta recessed fork brake nut has slightly different dimensions than a standard size recessed fork brake nut.

A forum member, "coolplanetbikes", sells (or used to sell) the exact nuts, very nice and in titanium, here via PM; also as "coolplanetbikesvt" on eBay; and via an online store (serottaspares.com?). I do not know if he is still operating though, it has been awhile.

Waterlogged
07-15-2020, 11:17 PM
I suggest the famous e auction site.

duff_duffy
07-15-2020, 11:27 PM
Get drill, put standard nut in the chuck. Hold gritty sandpaper in kitchen mit around nut while drill running on high. 3-4 minutes and will fit perfectly. That was my easy home mechanic with no real skills solution.

Moneywatch
07-16-2020, 08:04 AM
Duffy, thanks for your suggestion. I enlarged the hole using a dremel tool and it did the job. I call several national retailers and checked the eBay sites, none we’re available.
Thank you all for the help!

mokofoko
07-16-2020, 10:05 AM
Duffy, thanks for your suggestion. I enlarged the hole using a dremel tool and it did the job. I call several national retailers and checked the eBay sites, none we’re available.
Thank you all for the help!

Oh golly, tell me you didn't!

Give this guy a PM, I'd bet he has some more. I bought one of these a few years back for my f3 fork, perfect fit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TITANIUM-Reynolds-Serotta-F3-Carbon-Fork-Brake-Caliper-OEM-Nut-Bolt-Ouzo-Pro-/401870274230

As stated above, he's a member here and responds promptly to PMs.

redir
07-16-2020, 10:09 AM
Like I said before, that's what I did. Just reamed the hole a bit larger. I rode it for ten years like that. It's only a very very small difference.

Velocipede
07-16-2020, 10:27 AM
I have a bag of these for the next time you need one.

mandown
04-01-2021, 02:26 PM
I'm looking too if anyone still has one.

Ozz
04-01-2021, 03:05 PM
Timely....replacing brakes on my Legend / F2 fork....just checked the nuts that came with Campy brakes....nope...too big.

What size does the Ouzo Pro/F2 take?