PDA

View Full Version : Bar tape color for my CSi

Keith A
01-29-2007, 04:20 PM
As some of you may have seen in my other thread about bar tape, I will be putting on some new bar tape on my CSi and wanted to get some input on colors. The pictures below aren't exactly accurate to the current setup, but I had them available to use. My CSi now has an black Arione saddle with a blue center stripe that closely matches the Big Boy blue. I also have Michelin Carbon tires with a red stripe.

So tell me what you think...

dave thompson
01-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Tape of any color other than black (OK, maybe white) will take away too much from the bike's paint scheme.

This would look cool!

Hardlyrob
01-29-2007, 04:24 PM
I think you should pick a contrasting color because bar tape is really difficult to match to paint unless you are very very lucky. The blue that is in the pics is close, but not close enough.

Personally, I'd go for a gold or dark yellow to set off the other colors. Maybe close to the yellow 'S' detail in the fork. That would be more forgiving than trying to match the red or blue.

FWIW

Rob

Louis
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I would vote for white.

Bill Bove
01-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Be wild! YELLOW. Or red/white/blue macro splash from cinelli would look very nice and then of course there is good old white.

crossjunkee
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I'd say white. I would be tempted to paint the stem white too. I love Salsa stems, but never cared for the sticker.

White hoods would be cool too. But I don't think ShimaNO makes them...

Keith A
01-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Or red/white/blue macro splash from cinelli would look very nice and then of course there is good old white.You mean like this :) Which I personally like quite well, but am planning on putting on the Stella Azzurra Eleganza tape instead.
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8054&stc=1

Ozz
01-29-2007, 04:40 PM
White...no doubt about it.

My CSI looks much better with white than it ever did with black. I just put on a white Arione saddle and it really looks sharp. Now all I need is a silver headset, stem and bars..... :banana:

DRZRM
01-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I'd go with the White Stella Azzura perforated Eleganza tape, it has black stitching, classy!

mflaherty37
01-29-2007, 04:54 PM
My vote is black.

merckx
01-29-2007, 04:59 PM
white

Keith A
01-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Here's a quick hack for the white tape...

merckx
01-29-2007, 05:00 PM
That's it!

Keith A
01-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Hey Dave -- are you going to stitch this up for me? :D
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=21906&stc=1

dash
01-29-2007, 05:05 PM
As some of you may have seen in my other thread about bar tape, I will be putting on some new bar tape on my CSi and wanted to get some input on colors. The pictures below aren't exactly accurate to the current setup, but I had them available to use. My CSi now has an black Arione saddle with a blue center stripe that closely matches the Big Boy blue. I also have Michelin Carbon tires with a red stripe.

So tell me what you think...

is that blue and red fur on your bars?

Keith A
01-29-2007, 05:08 PM
is that blue and red fur on your bars?Nope, just a super quick photochop with an image of Stella Azzurra Eleganza tape. Didn't have time to make it look pretty.

dave thompson
01-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Hey Dave -- are you going to stitch this up for me? :D
http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=21906&stc=1
Sure, send me your bars. My wife thinks I some sort of hot seamstress now that I did it to the Tournesol. I'm working on the bars for the Spectrum, which will be in black.

trophyoftexas
01-29-2007, 05:13 PM
I have just gotten in from taking my first ride on the 95/96 Atlanta I recently bought. It came to me with the speckled red/white/blue stuff that you show in one picture.....HATED IT! Red is OK but I think that makes for too much red....I went with blue and am very happy with it....BUT.....if I change it will be to white to match the Regal saddle I'm switching onto it next week...gonna stay with the blue for a while, maybe forever, but white would be the only thing I'd switch to.

dash
01-29-2007, 05:16 PM
i also think that red or blue would be bad unless it exactly matches the frame color and even then would create an imbalance in what is a very fine paint scheme. i really like white bar tape but with the black stem and black saddle - i'd go black.

BUTCH RIDES
01-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Hello, I like to change my handlebar tape to match my outfit . When I wear my cute little knee high socks .
Oh yes it can be difficult to find plaid so I have a local artist paint tape to match my socks. one more thing the bars must have the funny curves all over them, they just feel right to me .
Thank You
adios

tv_vt
01-29-2007, 05:25 PM
White, Bontrager or something without the stitching. White is just classy to me, like the CSC bikes.

Thom