PDA

View Full Version : Drop bar non-ergo 90mm reach?

charliedid
07-10-2020, 09:16 AM
I know many of you hold this information easily accessible in your cache of encylobikeinfo files.

Who makes one? Thanks

echappist
07-10-2020, 10:07 AM
How much of a deviation from 90 mm would be acceptable to you? I think a lot of classic rounds will come close.

3t Rotundos are 83 mm. I think they are considered "medium reach". The superleggera is supposedly at 105 mm. If you could get your hands on a set of Aerotundos, those are at (a ridiculous) 113 mm. All three have been phased out, unfortunately.

Fizik Snakes are 85 mm. Also classic round.

charliedid
07-10-2020, 10:15 AM
How much of a deviation from 90 mm would be acceptable to you? I think a lot of classic rounds will come close.

3t Rotundos are 83 mm. I think they are considered "medium reach". The superleggera is supposedly at 105 mm. If you could get your hands on a set of Aerotundos, those are at (a ridiculous) 113 mm. All three have been phased out, unfortunately.

Fizik Snakes are 85 mm. Also classic round.

Fizik Snakes and Bull might work. I'm running a 100mm reach Bontrager bar that is pretty classic and more drop than I love. 10mm stem. It's how it came and it's not bad but now that I have 45 solid days on this bike I'm starting to think about the ideal.

If I go 80 reach I need an 11 stem which reduced my reach 1 cm. and that might be the easiest solution. I should add that I don't think I'm interested in the cost of a carbon bar so aluminum is what I am after.

Hence the 90 bar which would reduce my reach 1cm and I just leave the stem alone.