PDA

View Full Version : Who did I see on Sanibel Island, FL??

Bruce K
05-17-2004, 11:20 AM
I just got back from my wife's best freind's wedding on Sanibel Isalnd in Florida.

While I did log about 100 miles over 3 days there on a rented C'dale I didn't really encounter many other "serious" riders. Only 2 or 3 guys on raod bikes (vs island cruisers).

While doing a couple of errands on Friday afternnon I did spot a familiar red and white jersey headed my way on the bike path adjacent to the roadway. As the rider passed me he appeared to be riding a Legend with some yellow paint showing (1/2paint+1/2polish maybe).

Was this one of our illustrious group, or just a random owner out for a spin?

Just curious,

BK

AHava
05-17-2004, 12:33 PM
My wife's fam has a house on Sanibel and I've been going for years. I've always rented a hybrid from The Bike Route. I assume that's where you got the Cannondale, I've seen them hanging in the back. Did you enjoy having the roadie? The few road routes, and the inability to ride through Ding Darling, has steered me toward the hybrid.

Regards,

Alex

bostondrunk
05-17-2004, 12:48 PM
It may have been Roy Munson

Bruce K
05-17-2004, 12:53 PM
AHava

The road through Ding Darling got paved about 1 year ago and adds a pleasant mile or two to the route (for the $1.00 fee).

The road bike is much nicer than the hybrid as far as I am concerned.

The Bike Route has been renting C'dale R500 (tiagra) and similar bikes for a while. They have been in various states of repair and I have taken to bringing my Serotta Concours for our family vacation but this trip was just 3 days.

The Bike Route is apparently FINALLY upgrading their road fleet to include some 105 equipped bikes (and even 1 Ultegra) for a slightly higher rental fee.

The riding overall is pleasant enough but the experience varies by the amount of traffic on the bike paths.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
05-17-2004, 02:35 PM
. . . has one of those red-and-white jerseys . . . ;)

BBDave