PDA

View Full Version : Battenkill WILL happen this year?

BumbleBeeDave
07-06-2020, 09:26 AM
Dieter says so, at least. He doesn't go into detail about the specific measures, but interesting podcast interview.

It's HERE. (https://outspokencyclist.com/2020/07/show-509-july-4-2020/)

So far Farmer's Daughter and Bale Kicker are still a go in the Capital Region. Not sure what Andy Ruiz will decide with those, though. Farmer's Daughter supposed to have 500 people (including me) and not sure what he can do.

BBD

AngryScientist
07-06-2020, 09:37 AM
Dieter says so, at least. He doesn't go into detail about the specific measures, but interesting podcast interview.

It's HERE. (https://outspokencyclist.com/2020/07/show-509-july-4-2020/)

So far Farmer's Daughter and Bale Kicker are still a go in the Capital Region. Not sure what Andy Ruiz will decide with those, though. Farmer's Daughter supposed to have 500 people (including me) and not sure what he can do.

BBD

That's interesting.

Here in NJ our governor just updated the rules to allow for outdoor gatherings of up to 500 people, which was largely a push to get outdoor graduations going, so i guess Farmer's Daughter would fall into a similar scenario, being outdoors.

wonder what that means for rest stops, etc? And the big tent beer party afterwards.

Bentley
07-06-2020, 09:46 AM
I participated in an organized CAAM event in Florida last weekend. Very different. Ride start was organized by pace with approximately 50 or less riders in a group start. People got dispersed into various Paceline a of 10-12 or less. Not supported SAG or stop. A double of places for food water on the route, basically self supported... my guess is some flavor of this will become a “norm”. Post ride Beer and Pizza, again self supported and conforming to local “rules” re: social distancing, masks, etc.

If I did this again, have the spouse meet me at a few spots on the path with drinks, food.

I carried what I needed, including a mask and hand sanitizer. All good, pockets we’re full so not aero, but nice to get on a organized ride.