PDA

View Full Version : Isadore sizing advice

fourspin
07-05-2020, 11:20 AM
Looking at Isadore's sizing guide on jerseys, they seem really small. I think I'd have to remove a few ribs to fit some of their smaller sizes. I wear medium in Rapha core, classic, brevet, and pro (although the Covid 19 feeding frenzy is producing a muffin top look in the pro stuff lately). Do you recommend sizing up one on Isadore jerseys?

scoobydrew
07-05-2020, 12:25 PM
Same size as Rapha in my experience.

*Correction: I sized down 1 size on my Isadore jerseys. FWIW, I have their Woolight short sleeve and TherMerino long sleeve jerseys.

XXtwindad
07-05-2020, 12:26 PM
Looking at Isadore's sizing guide on jerseys, they seem really small. I think I'd have to remove a few ribs to fit some of their smaller sizes. I wear medium in Rapha core, classic, brevet, and pro (although the Covid 19 feeding frenzy is producing a muffin top look in the pro stuff lately). Do you recommend sizing up one on Isadore jerseys?

Definitely size up. Six feet and 195ish. 42.5 chest. Bigger shoulders and no “muffin” Barely able to fit in an “XXL.”

I do believe that Isadore, similar to other high end cycling brands (Cafe Du Cycliste, Pas Normal, etc) are not targeting “recreational riders.” It might be a very conscious decision on their end. That said, their stuff is great. I own several pieces. A toss-up with CDC for my favorite apparel co.

ultraman6970
07-05-2020, 12:33 PM
IME many brands dont have to make the stuff like jerseys bigger all around, they need to be same length but wider.

Clean39T
07-05-2020, 12:38 PM

fourspin
07-05-2020, 01:28 PM
Hmm, so conflicting advice. Not surprising because, well, internet. I downloaded and formatted the Rapha, CdC , and Isadore's size guides to look at them side by side.

I actually thought Rapha had different size guides for different ranges, but they all come up the same whether you are looking at classic, pro,or aero, even though I know from experience the aero is absolute shrink wrap.

Comparing medium on all three, it seems like Isadore's guidance is much smaller, Rapha is in the middle, and CdC is a tad larger. I guess it all comes down to fabric stretch. I've got a CdC on order, so I guess I'll have another data point in a few days.

I would like to see a picture of someone in an Isadore XXS. I don't think I've had a 31 inch chest since I was in elementary school.

fignon's barber
07-05-2020, 01:30 PM
I always wear Isadore when not wearing my team's kit. I've got 2 of their long sleeved jerseys and 6 of their SS jerseys (2 woolight, one climbers, 3 signature). I think they run fairly big. I'm 5' 11", 32/33 waist and 40/41 chest (depending on if its hockey season). The medium fits me perfectly.

scoobydrew
07-05-2020, 03:00 PM
I corrected my original response above and agree with others that the jerseys run large. For the pieces I own at least, they run 1 size large. On the other hand, the bib sizing is consistent with other brands.

XXtwindad
07-06-2020, 08:34 AM
Hmm, so conflicting advice. Not surprising because, well, internet. I downloaded and formatted the Rapha, CdC , and Isadore's size guides to look at them side by side.

I actually thought Rapha had different size guides for different ranges, but they all come up the same whether you are looking at classic, pro,or aero, even though I know from experience the aero is absolute shrink wrap.

Comparing medium on all three, it seems like Isadore's guidance is much smaller, Rapha is in the middle, and CdC is a tad larger. I guess it all comes down to fabric stretch. I've got a CdC on order, so I guess I'll have another data point in a few days.

I would like to see a picture of someone in an Isadore XXS. I don't think I've had a 31 inch chest since I was in elementary school.

This came across my feed this morning. Interpret this how you will ...

“Even if our founders are classically built professional cyclists, we know that most of the rest of us aren’t quite so naturally lean, however hard we may try. We firmly believe that size should not be a limiting factor to wearing awesome cycling kit. That’s why we have introduced a 3XL to our most popular summer jerseys, and will continue to add to the lineup.”

I think there’s an interesting discussion to be had concerning cycling apparel and “branding.”

fourspin
07-06-2020, 03:36 PM
This came across my feed this morning. Interpret this how you will ...

“Even if our founders are classically built professional cyclists, we know that most of the rest of us aren’t quite so naturally lean, however hard we may try. We firmly believe that size should not be a limiting factor to wearing awesome cycling kit. That’s why we have introduced a 3XL to our most popular summer jerseys, and will continue to add to the lineup.”

I think there’s an interesting discussion to be had concerning cycling apparel and “branding.”

Yeah, 8 different sizes. Seems like an inventory nightmare. Imagine if they also did different lengths for short/average/tall?

XXtwindad
07-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Yeah, 8 different sizes. Seems like an inventory nightmare. Imagine if they also did different lengths for short/average/tall?

This is the Isadore base layer in an "XXL." I have four pairs of them, and I'm going to order about four more. They're not only my favorite base layer, but I wear them as my cycling jersey, because I find them extremely comfortable.

I wouldn't want to go a size lower. For me, the fit is just right.

Effin sideways pics. ***!? The base layer looks much better vertical, trust me...

cuda
07-06-2020, 07:34 PM
I have a large Eschelon and it's race fit and feels perfect. Wiggle had a Climbers jersey on sale so I ordered a L and it was massive. Bigger than any large I've ever tried on. So much so I checked the tag to make sure i wasnt sent an xl by mistake. Needless to say I sent it back. Long story short from my experience their sizing is all over the place. Or Wiggle is selling seconds.

I wish cycling apparel companies would do what a lot of us have grown accustom to which is give a measurement across the chest at the armpits and the length of the zipper. For me this is a dead-on way to know if something is my size.

oh, and 3 cheers for Wiggle's return policy.

Edit: after rereading above maybe my Eschelon L is the odd size.

RWL2222
07-26-2021, 10:28 AM
I am thinking of picking up some Isadore tops on sale--Alt LS jersey and Climbers SS jersey, maybe a vest. I am between L and XL, probably lean toward XL--dad bod, pushing 60 and 195-200lbs, 5'10". I would usually order both size and return one, but want to minimize hassle. Their sizing comparison chart is great but the only point of reference I have now is Giro and Voler (both of which I like very much). Any input appreciated.

Ozz
07-26-2021, 10:53 AM
This is the Isadore base layer in an "XXL." I have four pairs of them, and I'm going to order about four more. They're not only my favorite base layer, but I wear them as my cycling jersey, because I find them extremely comfortable.

The first step is admitting you have a problem......;)

XXtwindad
07-26-2021, 11:00 AM
I am thinking of picking up some Isadore tops on sale--Alt LS jersey and Climbers SS jersey, maybe a vest. I am between L and XL, probably lean toward XL--dad bod, pushing 60 and 195-200lbs, 5'10". I would usually order both size and return one, but want to minimize hassle. Their sizing comparison chart is great but the only point of reference I have now is Giro and Voler (both of which I like very much). Any input appreciated.

I have five pairs of the Isadore Climbers Jersey and three pairs of the LS jerseys. I’m six feet and 190ish. 41.5 chest. I wear an “XL” in both and they fit great. Their sizing charts are pretty accurate. That’s what I’d recommend for you.

XXtwindad
07-26-2021, 11:04 AM
The first step is admitting you have a problem......;)

All relative …

https://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14
😉