PDA

View Full Version : page for me the real world champion!

ada@prorider.or
01-28-2007, 08:41 AM
perfect race
very strong he should have win
got second

fstrthnu
01-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Vervecken was stronger.

He won.

Page rode a perfect race for 2nd and could not have done any better.

Thank You Jonathan for raising the bar.

Justin

coylifut
01-28-2007, 09:35 AM
after watching Boom yesterday, I'm wondering if the best strategy would be to sit out the first part of the season (not crash out). Likely impossible to scratch out a living that way, but a higher probability of success.

Separately, great job Page I hope someone with a budget picks him up.

97CSI
01-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Don't forget Compton. Silver in her second ever World Cup race. Outstanding. And Summerhill. Another great ride and another silver. Just got out-sprinted at the end. Great rides by all three. Congrats to them. Maybe we (the U.S.) have arrived in 'cross. Who knows?? Is there a Sachs destined for an international 'cross podium some day?

Bruce K
01-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I am very stoked to see the US racers do so well.

I would think 3 silvers would be considered a HUGE success given the results of the last few years.

Very cool.

BK

72gmc
01-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Page, Compton, Summerhill... I have really enjoyed checking the results the last two days. What a showing by the American team. They all lost to stronger racers on the day, the way it should be. 'Cross is cool.

saab2000
01-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Like my hero Ricky Bobby has said, "If you're not first, you're last."

Seriously, terrific ride. I feel priveleged to have been able to watch cyclo-cross at the highest level in Switzerland for a long time and at least from having seen the sport (as a spectator, not as a participant) know that it is hard. 60 minutes at 99% heart rate. These dudes are real athletes and cyclists of the highest degree even if they don't share the limelight with their roadie brethren.

Shake and Bake!

stevep
01-28-2007, 12:18 PM
the kid rode out of his head.
this is a spectacular race result for page.
i hope he can now move into the $$$ that this result shows he belongs in.
it is impossible to ride a perfect cross race... page might have today.

phew. im awestruck.
he has now opened the door for us riders to follow in his footsteps.

that kid has perseverance....he stuck out a long time and he now has gotten his reward.

oracle
01-28-2007, 12:35 PM
as one who has talked a lot of page smack (good-naturedly) over the years, i can say that i am very proud of him and happy for him, and i am happy as well to have eaten crow (http://www.worth1000.com/entries/85500/85630OTvs_w.jpg) for breakfast this morning. great day for 'cross.

coylifut
01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
that kid has perseverance....he stuck out a long time and he now has gotten his reward.

absolutely spot on

According to the velonews.com article, two teams have already called. let's hope one of em a "good" team and achieves a little financial security to go along with the hard work.

great day for Page, great day for US crosss.

Spicoli
01-28-2007, 01:51 PM
He even "pisses excellence"! just like lil Baby Jesus! :banana:

David Kirk
01-28-2007, 01:55 PM
It's very cool. Big smiles all round.

I'm buying a round for everyone.

Dave