PDA

View Full Version : Question - bar options that support Di2/EPS bar-end junction?

dan_hudson
06-30-2020, 07:38 AM
Have a bike with Shimano/Pro Vibe bars with the bar-end junction and is such a clean solution. Is there a list of other bars drilled by the manufacturer to support that junction?

Specifically curious on bars drilled at the factory - not excited to drill a part like this myself!

Also more interest in traditional round bars more than aero/wing versions.

Thanks!

htwoopup
06-30-2020, 07:48 AM
I know you said you are only interested in factory drilled options, but I have to say that drilling in the underside a couple of inches from the bar end is no big deal on carbon or metal. I used to race high end sailboats across the ocean and we had carbon and other high tech material masts and booms and they were drilled all of the time through the resin and fiber and withstood a lot more pressures than the end of a handlebar end would ever see.

FWIW, I am addicted to Zipp SL70 Ergo bars...I have them in alloy and carbon and I drilled everyone of them to use the bar end junction.

The only benefit that I see imho is the channeling in the bar to run the wire in rather than just under the tape if you like your tape to be extra skinny wrapped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greatestalltime
06-30-2020, 07:59 AM
Metron 5 and 6D.

I have a 6D that didn’t look right with my F8 that in need to get rid of.

He’s right, though, drilling isn’t a big deal.

genefruit
06-30-2020, 09:40 AM
I have 3T Superergo LTD Stealth on my Seven Evergreen for the Di2 bar end junction.

https://us.3t.bike/en/products/dropbars/superergo-559.html

EricChanning
07-03-2020, 08:58 PM
As Enve road bars to the list. I have a pair on my bike with a Di2 junction box on the right bar end.

LGrider
07-03-2020, 10:49 PM
I just installed a Ritchey bar that had the hole from the factory. Their website has drawings that clearly show which models come with a hole.