PDA

View Full Version : do you have pics of all your bikes?

Dead Man
06-28-2020, 06:30 PM
preaching to the choir here, i know - but just a reminder to take pics of your bikes for if/when they get stolen.

some winner broke into my garage and stole mine and my girlfriends bikes night before last, and somehow neither of us have any pictures of em. weird.

that is all

✌🏽

gasman
06-28-2020, 06:32 PM
Good reminder-and write down any serial number

Sorry that happened

kppolich
06-28-2020, 06:38 PM
preaching to the choir here, i know - but just a reminder to take pics of your bikes for if/when they get stolen.

some winner broke into my garage and stole mine and my girlfriends bikes night before last, and somehow neither of us have any pictures of em. weird.

that is all

✌🏽
Sorry to hear! Pedalroom makes it easy to document parts as well as free photo hosting for bikes you own now or owned in the past.

https://www.pedalroom.com/members/kppolich

zmudshark
06-28-2020, 06:57 PM
Not even two weeks ago:

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=2740893&postcount=1

Tickdoc
06-28-2020, 07:39 PM
So sorry to hear this. Such a crappy helpless feeling and hopefully a special dose of karma to the a-holes that took em.

Narcissistically over photographed here. Not sure that it would help much, but I can provide all the pics they want.

zmudshark
06-28-2020, 08:39 PM
So sorry to hear this. Such a crappy helpless feeling and hopefully a special dose of karma to the a-holes that took em.

Narcissistically over photographed here. Not sure that it would help much, but I can provide all the pics they want.Pictures help a great deal. Take it from someone who had a bike stolen.

oldpotatoe
06-29-2020, 05:49 AM
LOTS of stolen bikes around the republic..some homeless camps have piles of bikes around them. More than a few abandoned bikes just laying around..SO..I think the economic woes have increased this..so..protect yer stuff..Other latest gig is breaking into cars looking for garage door openers..

fijichf
06-29-2020, 09:20 AM
My middle kid had his bike stolen from outside his apartment building in September and he recently spotted a “wanderer” sitting with his bike on a bench along the MUT. He stopped, called the cops and because he had photos and he registered the bike’s SN when he moved to town, he has it back. Rare occurrence I know...the cops were amazed to say the least, as was the wanderer.

oliver1850
06-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your bikes being stolen. I know I have old computers that have pics of bikes I built years ago and still own, don't know if they are all accessible. Really should go through the bikes, take new pics, and get them stored in multiple places.