PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your ENVE single bolt saddle clamp?

Veloo
06-28-2020, 04:12 PM
Brought mine back out recently to use again.

Was never too crazy about this design.

One bolt that needs 8-12 Nm. My CDI tool only goes to 8Nm

Not sure if it's (perfectly) self centering.

It has slipped on me in the past but admit it was not tightened with a torque wrench. I do wonder if it will slip if I hit a hard enough of a bump even when torqued to spec.

Like or dislike yours?

avalonracing
06-28-2020, 04:54 PM
I have this design on my Lynsky post. I actually like it a lot. Still, I wish someone would invent a functional clamp design that would allow you to quickly hot-swap saddles because one of the biggest hassles of trying new saddles to find the right one is the 15 minutes it takes to switch one out. Hell, I can just about strip a frame of parts in that time.

SoCalSteve
06-28-2020, 04:57 PM
I have this design on my Lynsky post. I actually like it a lot. Still, I wish someone would invent a functional clamp design that would allow you to quickly hot-swap saddles because one of the biggest hassles of trying new saddles to find the right one is the 15 minutes it takes to switch one out. Hell, I can just about strip a frame of parts in that time.

Moots post will allow you to exactly this...:)

R3awak3n
06-28-2020, 05:03 PM
I have had a few and they were always excellent, never had mine slip and I am north of 200lbs. I would say luck maybe but have had at least 3.

Also had one of the new version ones and man, was not a fan of those, much prefer the 1 bolt.

theboucher
06-28-2020, 05:21 PM
I fight with mine quite a bit. I currently have both one and two bolt setups on different bikes - can't say I particularly like either one of them. Two bolt is pretty finicky but never moves. I find one bolt very hard to micro adjust (often moves too much) and even with a lot of torque it will slip sometimes. I've just gone to torquing it past the recommended settings in order to keep it in place. And I weigh 64 kgs...

The non-self centering thing is also irritating - the two bolt at least solves that.

Mostly an issue with a new bike or new saddle or if you are a constant tinkerer.

NoMoreParagon
06-28-2020, 05:35 PM
had few and really loved them. as long as you prep them as per instruction, ie grease the surface of the two insert halves and torque to spec i never had a problem. I like them so much that I opted for a Linskey/Litespeed seatpost instead of the Firefly ones because of the single bolt.

R3awak3n
06-28-2020, 05:40 PM
had few and really loved them. as long as you prep them as per instruction, ie grease the surface of the two insert halves and torque to spec i never had a problem. I like them so much that I opted for a Linskey/Litespeed seatpost instead of the Firefly ones because of the single bolt.

yes, exactly, gotta follow the instructions exactly and it will be great.

biker72
06-28-2020, 06:40 PM
I have a Lynskey and Enve saddle clamp. Properly torqued they work fine.
5Nm isn't quite enough torque. Ask me how I know....:)

bob heinatz
06-28-2020, 06:45 PM
It has worked for me the past 7 years without any problems.

avalonracing
06-28-2020, 07:33 PM
Moots post will allow you to exactly this...:)

Nice! Except for the $325 price tag. $200 was my budget for a Ti post.

Duende
06-28-2020, 08:21 PM
I much prefer the newer two bolt design. The single bolt slipped on my quite a bit. The amount of torq it needs to lock it down is crazy.