PDA

View Full Version : I am a new Serotta owner!

2mnyBikes
01-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone -- As of today, I am officially a new Serotta owner and will take delivery of my NOS '05 Fierte Steel Frame with Kestrel EMS Pro OS fork a week from Monday. I picked it up from a Serotta dealer with full factory warranty for $649, which I think is a really great deal. I am not sure of the official color name, but it is the red used by Serotta in '05. My build plans include Ultegra 10 speed group with the R700 compact crankset, Ritchey WCS Bars, stem and seatpost and a set of Ksyrium Elite's. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

A little bit about me. I am a 56 year old recreational rider, who as my screen name suggests, has too many bikes - if that's really possible ;). Specifically, I have 8 in hand, and the Fierte is one of two new frames I have on the way. I am determined to thin the heard a bit this spring and will likely sell off a couple of my bikes, maybe more.

Anyway, I am very excited about joining the ranks of Serotta owners, and I will be sure to post pictures once I have the frame, and of course after the build is complete.

Louis
01-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi 2MB,

Congratulations on the new frame. Have fun with the build and let us know how you like the ride. Plus, if you decide to build one yourself, be sure to ask for advice about that.

Louis

2mnyBikes
01-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks Lewis. My KHS Flite 800 is Reynolds 853 steel and I really like the way it rides, but I am expecting much more from my new Serotta and their special Columbus tubing.

dave thompson
01-26-2007, 09:59 PM
The official portrait of your new Serotta has to be taken in front of a Serotta Forum approved garage door. Check here for examples: http://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Welcome to the club!

BTW: There is no such thing as too much money, a diamond that's too big or too many bikes!

2mnyBikes
01-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Serotta Forum approved garage door pictures will follow. :D

Lifelover
01-26-2007, 10:03 PM
....I am determined to thin the heard a bit this spring and will likely sell off a couple of my bikes, maybe more......

Please tell me you ride a 58?

2mnyBikes
01-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Drum roll . . . . . I do ride a 58.

dave thompson
01-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Please tell me you ride a 58?

Do I hear the distant rumblings of a coming earthquake, tilting the land to the east as these 58CM bikes start their jouney to Virginia Beach? :D

Lifelover
01-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Do I hear the distant rumblings of a coming earthquake, tilting the land to the east as these 58CM bikes start their jouney to Virginia Beach? :D

I would love to have the Ellsworth just because it's fairly unique but I will have to win the lottery first.

If Jack's Moots was even close to my size I would have to give very serious consideration to taking out a loan.

Welcome to the board 2mny. It's worth your while to list them here for a week or so before you go off to ebay or craig's list. Any transactions here would have a very high chance of being a happy one by both parties.

2mnyBikes
01-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks for the tip about listing here first, I will definitely take your advice. Alas, the Ellsworth won't be one that I will sell. I actually picked up that frame as NOS directly from Tony Ellsworth and it is a very cool bike. The finish is silver anodized aluminum and is quite unique.

I hope this isn't against protocol, since it's not a Serotta, but here's a thumbnail of the Ellsworth if you'd like to check out how it looks.

EDIT: Thought I would mention that the wheels on the Ellsworth are from Serotta forum member, ergott.

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/9451/Ellsworthnew001a.th.jpg (http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=Ellsworthnew001a.jpg)

Lifelover
01-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the tip about listing here first, I will definitely take your advice. Alas, the Ellsworth won't be one that I will sell. I actually picked up that frame as NOS directly from Tony Ellsworth and it is a very cool bike. The finish is silver anodized aluminum and is quite unique.

I hope this isn't against protocol, since it's not a Serotta, but here's a thumbnail of the Ellsworth if you'd like to check out how it looks.

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/9451/Ellsworthnew001a.th.jpg (http://img424.imageshack.us/my.php?image=Ellsworthnew001a.jpg)

Very Cool Bike!

Serotta is very liberal with what they allow folks to post in regards to other brands and you post is certainly in line with what is common.

That said, if you ever wanted to start a thread primarily to show pictures of a "off" brand bike they have a specific forum (http://forums.thepaceline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14) for that.

My taste (or at least my means) run much similar to yours so I for one would love to see more pics of all of them.

2mnyBikes
01-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks LifeLover. In the future I will use the other forum for any non-Serotta posting. And once I have my Fierte in hand, I will be posting plenty of those shots right here. :)

TMB
01-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone -- As of today, I am officially a new Serotta owner and will take delivery of my NOS '05 Fierte Steel Frame with Kestrel EMS Pro OS fork a week from Monday. I picked it up from a Serotta dealer with full factory warranty for $649, which I think is a really great deal. I am not sure of the official color name, but it is the red used by Serotta in '05. My build plans include Ultegra 10 speed group with the R700 compact crankset, Ritchey WCS Bars, stem and seatpost and a set of Ksyrium Elite's. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

A little bit about me. I am a 56 year old recreational rider, who as my screen name suggests, has too many bikes - if that's really possible ;). Specifically, I have 8 in hand, and the Fierte is one of two new frames I have on the way. I am determined to thin the heard a bit this spring and will likely sell off a couple of my bikes, maybe more.

Anyway, I am very excited about joining the ranks of Serotta owners, and I will be sure to post pictures once I have the frame, and of course after the build is complete.

Cool name!!

Let's see pictures!

2mnyBikes
01-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey toomanybikes, If I had known your screen name was on the forum, I would have chosen something else, but given what you see in my signature, I think it is true nonetheless. I promise not to impersonate you. :D

SoCalSteve
01-26-2007, 11:40 PM
I would love to have the Ellsworth just because it's fairly unique but I will have to win the lottery first.

If Jack's Moots was even close to my size I would have to give very serious consideration to taking out a loan.

Welcome to the board 2mny. It's worth your while to list them here for a week or so before you go off to ebay or craig's list. Any transactions here would have a very high chance of being a happy one by both parties.

Did I miss something???

Wait, I just bought a Moots from a local Forum member (not Jack)...Cant wait for it to get back from Moots (where its being refinished) to build it and ride it...

Lifelover
01-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Did I miss something???

Maybe. Looky at this thread (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=25233&page=1&pp=15).

J.Greene
01-27-2007, 07:32 AM

How does your ellsworth ride? Please tell?

JG

2mnyBikes
01-27-2007, 02:18 PM
The Ellsworth Flite is almost a contradiction, it is a very stiff light frame, the bike weighs about 16.5 lbs., yet the ride is amazingly smooth. The steering is very responsive, and all in all, it is a very nice bike. Since it is a bit unusual, I get quite a few questions and comments when someone sees it for the first time.

Smiley
01-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Man with Many bikes , why did you chose a 58 cm Fierte , looks like the pix of your Elllsworth has a decent drop from saddle to bars. My first inclination with a Fierte is they slope to get the bars a tad higher and come with shorter TT's , Nobium steel is sweet enjoy , fellow 58 cm rider Smiley

2mnyBikes
01-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I chose the 58 cm Fierte because I've always wanted a Serotta and the deal was just too good to pass up. This type of buy now, figure it out later behavior, is why I have so many bikes! :D In any case, I actually enjoy different fit and riding characteristics, so if the Fierte is a little more upright, it will likely be a good choice for a longer ride. Thanks for the insight.

Smiley
01-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Ah , forgot about the DEAL. I am sure you'll make it work , its a sweet bike and even sweeter at half the MSRP :banana: and that did not include the fork.